|Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material|
Featured Hatches Article & Videos
Undamming the Elwha
The Ray Bergman Collection - 76) Cobler
GreenCaddis unveils the FlyPad - The Ultimate in Fly Storage
Hatches Theater: Blue Fin Tuna & The North
CDC & Elk
The Ray Bergman Collection - 1) Abbey
|Fly Pattern Database Home · Search · Upload A Pattern · My Bookmarks · Browse by Material · Browse by Members · Browse by Tags · Members I Follow|
View Original Forum Topic
Current Tags for This Pattern
/ Adult Crane Fly / Dubbing / Marker / Red / Turkey /
tied by BruceC
Fly Type: Dry,
Target Species: Trout,
Recommended Region: Northeast US,
Hook: Mustad 3665A Size 16
Body: Peccary quill over thread base (bulge at bend)
Legs: Paint Brush, knotted and colored with marker
Thorax: Superfine dubbing with mottled turkey shell back
Wings: Cree hackle tips treated with FlexLock
Tying Instructions: Prepare and stage all materials in advance:
1. Coat wings with FlexLock and preen toward tip.
2. Pre-knot leg material and color in advance
3. Build the underbody with thread or fine dubbing. Make a bulge at the rear as per the natural's taper.
4. Tie in the peccary at the bend and wind toward the eye.
5. Tie off peccary, color it with marker.
6. Tie in wing case.
7. Set first 2 sets of legs and use superglue after tying in to set positions.
8. Set wings and dub to that point covering legs and wing tie in point.
9. Place last set of legs, super glue after tie in, pull turkey over and tie off.
Presentation Tips: Still or slow moving water, near shore and high brush.
Other Flies Tied by BruceC
Members That Bookmarked This Fly Also Bookmarked...
|5 FTF Members Bookmarked This Pattern|