Typing Bench and Small Dogs and Hooks in The Lodge Posted December 12, 2010 · Report reply I've got 4 dogs that are in my tying room most of the time. I vacuum everyday in hopes of it removing any hooks that are loose and could be picked up by the dogs but sticking them in the nose or mouth is now at the lower end of my worry list. Back int the early summer my wifes Pomeranian got into we think was rat poison while sniffing around the neighbors house, after several gut wrenching days we had the dog put down. This was my wifes baby so I talked her into getting another puppy about a week later. After a full day of looking at puppy pictures on breeder web sites she decided on a Mini Dachshund. We named him Beanee Weenee, yes he's a Weenie Dog so I thought the name was too cool. Cute little guy fit in very well with my bigger dogs (Lab &Rotti) despite his small size. 2 weeks after getting the pup everything was settling down I spent a day fishing the Sulpher hatch on the Hiawassee River I returned and hung my vest on the back of my tying bench chair. Unfortunately I had left a double rig Sulpher soft hackle hooked on the fly patch. I found the puppy with 10" of the 16" double rig hanging out of his mouth. With everything that my wife had been through I rushed the puppy to the vet. X-rays showed the hook attached in his stomach which I figured would dissolve on its own, but with what happened only 3weeks before I had to get the puppy taken care of. So after a $800 surgery the puppy is fine. He's a registered dog that was $400 with the vet bill he's now a $1,200 dog. Yup - this is the kind of thing I want to avoid. Thanks for relaying this story.