Fly Tying
DFoster

@#$% Price of Gas!

Besides being ugly EVs are about as exciting catching a 4” fish on a deep sea rod.  I know they’re fast but it doesn’t matter.  I want to hear and feel horsepower especially for a hundred grand.

17 hours ago, DFoster said:

I want to hear and feel horsepower especially for a hundred grand.

I personally can't wait for the day when all vehicles are silent. 

Bryon, if gas goes much higher there might be a lot of silent vehicles.

1 hour ago, Lesg said:

Bryon, if gas goes much higher there might be a lot of silent vehicles.

We’re all end up back on horses I guess. They’re silent mostly.  Not sure about their green house gas emissions though 🤣

Exhaust emissions will be good for your garden and flowers.

9 hours ago, SilverCreek said:

US regulations require sound to warn blind pedestrians that cars are approaching.

OK fair enough -- I personally can't wait for all vehicles to be as quiet as they can legally be. 🙂

cars may be quiet but the kids will still crank up the stereo and the   bass and shake your house windows.

Grove 3.5 hrs round trip for a bass on the fly tournament yesterday.  Weather was crap (25+ mph winds, 30 F at sunrise), but I had already paid the $30 entry fee.  Given the conditions, the 11" bass I caught mid-morning was enough for 2nd place.  When the tourney director handed me my $80 prize, he commented "this should almost cover a tank of gas."  He wasn't far off as I put $75 in the tank as I started my drive home.

Moral of the story, I'll still be fishing.  I'll find other ways to save and make up for it.

9 hours ago, richmce said:

cars may be quiet but the kids will still crank up the stereo and the   bass and shake your house windows.

Never could figure why kids would want to ruin theiir hearing. I never did as it hurt my ears and had a bit of consideration for others who might not want to listen to what I'm listening to. The main noise is a motorcycle that rattles the windows.

On 3/11/2022 at 5:16 PM, DFoster said:

I know they’re fast but it doesn’t matter.  I want to hear and feel horsepower especially for a hundred grand.

Yep I'm right there with ya. Nothing gets the blood going like the deep rumble of a big cam and high compression through a good free flowing exhaust 👍

I think you will still be able to hear that from the fossil fuels combusting to make electric. 

22 hours ago, skeet3t said:

Never could figure why kids would want to ruin theiir hearing. I never did as it hurt my ears and had a bit of consideration for others who might not want to listen to what I'm listening to. The main noise is a motorcycle that rattles the windows.

Skeet as write this I have head phones on at work and I'm listening to a "tinnitus therapy" 5 hour loop of high pitched tones and white noise that supposedly can help with the permanent ringing in my ears.  It's almost as annoying as the tinnitus.  I have severe hearing loss and tinnitus the result of working weekends as a professional musician for the past 34 years, 20 of which were with really loud bands.  I also rode loud Harley's for several decades which didn't help.   I warn every kid coming up in music to protect their hearing or else-  The poor decisions made in the invincibility of youth regrettably often come back to haunt us.  

1 hour ago, Poopdeck said:

I think you will still be able to hear that from the fossil fuels combusting to make electric. 

What? So your saying there are NOT millions of hamsters running on wheels in the electric plants?  

Did a bit of research a few minutes ago. LeFrak City is an  series of apartment complexes in Queens, NY. One has 4,605 apartments. If half of the residents buy an EV, where will they put the charging stations and where will the electricity come from?