Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Trouttramp

DRY DROPPER SWAP UPDATE

The flys will go out tomorrow AM, from PDX
We had a USPS miss-hap so:
The sets will be one set short, BUT, one member tied up an extra set. So there should still be 10 sets in each box. Also some extra flys got sent my way, so all of you got a few bonus flys.

Hopefully you all get the correct flys, in the middle of distributing flys my Cat Sage decided she wanted to help. Cats are rarely good help……as was the case here.

I believe I got it straightened out correctly. If not, feel free to publicly roast me to no end.

Thanks all,  all the flys looked great! And thanks for the extra goodies and flys.

TT

Get all the hooks out of the cat's paws yet? I left a bunch of stuff on tying desk once and cat decided she needed a closer inspection of top of desk. Took awhile to straighten that mess out. Looking forward to these since I'd rather use this setup than the bobb--- err...I mean indicator. Tomorrow I'm going to a recently stocked pond and depending on wind conditions I may well end up throwing a bobber with a tandem rig to get out there. This is an open prairie pond and if OK wind is shaking the windows like it tends to do in spring it will be UL spin and either spinner rigs or bobber and fly.

The story……sad, but true. 

We have a four month old 50 lb  mischievous Golden Doodle ( Bailee) that likes to be in on everything. And in general a P.I.T.A. Her saving  grace is she is KILLER cute. Couldn’t put her outside, it was stormy and pouring down rain. Portland Oregon in March, you know the drill.
So I snuck off to the bedroom to spread out all the fly boxes and envelopes on the bed to distribute them, it’s the only space we  have large enough,  other then kitchen counters and the dining room table. But Bailee loves to grab stuff off the counters and tables at this point , (We are working hard on her manners) so, that was out of the question. Figured I would be safe in the bedroom with the door shut.

Sooooo I was almost done, just adding the extras, when my cat (Sage, she lives indoors and often hides under the bed from the rambunctious pup ),  decides to get out from under the bed and jump up right in the middle of the fly boxes, two boxes went flying, flys everywhere. No, no hooks got into the cat, thank goodness.

My wife was skeptical about flys on the bed, myself I couldn’t see the problem with it.I tried to explain to her “I was only using MY SIDE of the bed. She wasn’t amused. But we made it through the night with no animals or humans requiring  hook extractions. I figure that alone is a win right there.  : , )

I think, I put it all back to right. Only two boxes were involved in the carnage, and most flys were toe tagged, so fingers crossed, all is right with the world. 

I know this sounds a lot like a “The Dog Ate My Homework” kind of thing, but sadly, no. Just a little insight into my life as it really is.

Trouttramp

The culprit:

Sage my cat

Bailee the dog,  a month ago, she is bigger now, and TALLER!

image.jpg

50A4C7CC-641B-41AC-8A75-96A54BD75A0F.jpeg

Right now we have two dogs and together they wouldn't equal your one dog. I've always been a fan of small dogs. We had two cats and all got along well but first one cat disappeared and then the second one some time later. We live in an area where people have shot coyotes in their backyard trying to get their chickens so we think that's where the cats went. People here hate coyotes and with good reason.

DSC00674.JPG

DSC00418.JPG