Fly Tying
SalarMan

HMH TRV Attachment

I tried to send these photos to DFoster, but no can do via a PM. Then after thinking about it I thought some of my other fellow HMH TRV users might also want to take advantage of what I did to my vise.

I wasn't thrilled with any attempts to add a material clip that was rock steady and fit my TRV. I was looking at the setup on my Renzetti Master and realized I could probably put that clip to use.

So...I bought one from Renzetti, opened the hole on the flat metal part just a wee bit and voila...it did the trick. Works like a charm!!!

Vise2.JPG

Vise3.JPG

1 hour ago, chugbug27 said:

Hey!!!

1229249636_Vise2.JPG.f5fa4058a4050c66da9f3257e3e0dfe92.jpeg.2b1ac149e065bb71d7354d7870a870f0.jpeg

Is that cheating? Or just being smart?

😉

Just being smart👍

I put a small piece of larva lace over the point of the hook when working on a classic salmon fly. Protects from damaging the silk floss in the tip/tag area as well as the floss that may be part of the main body.

I've also stuck my fingers once or twice in the past...but not now😎

20 hours ago, SalarMan said:

I tried to send these photos to DFoster, but no can do via a PM. Then after thinking about it I thought some of my other fellow HMH TRV users might also want to take advantage of what I did to my vise.

I wasn't thrilled with any attempts to add a material clip that was rock steady and fit my TRV. I was looking at the setup on my Renzetti Master and realized I could probably put that clip to use.

So...I bought one from Renzetti, opened the hole on the flat metal part just a wee bit and voila...it did the trick. Works like a charm!!!

Vise2.JPG

Vise3.JPG

George that's a great idea!  I 've been hanging materials that are long enough over the tension screw but I like your idea way better. 

Dean - You don't even need a new tension screw. The clip is in that position because it works in that spot for me. I just push down on the near edge and it opens up the spring, I put the desired material in place and then continue going about my business of tying. - George

Good for you George! I’m really glad that after all your searching and mods you finally seem to  have found the “one” vise for you.  

I truly hope that you’re river fishing days are not over yet. I would really love to see photos of you with a few of your recent HMH ties stuck in the mouth of a salmon. Never say never and prayers for that day my friend.