Sign in to follow this  
SBPatt

Inadvertent TR

First carp of 2022

Here

48581364277_550916463a_c.jpg

Using this

41791646582_8b9f0ca376_c.jpg

Was out in the evening birding and saw a bunch of carp working the shoreline; ran back to the truck for the rod, grabbed a few flies and after spooking a couple fish, got this one. Not a bad way to start the fishing season since I had to bag a trip to the Missouri earlier in the week. Check out the glassy surface on the water - in the entire week I was there I didn’t see another carp; the hour I got to fish was the only time the temps were warm enough and the wind wasn’t blowing.

Same thing happened 2 years ago in a different section of the refuge; this time, the water was so shallow the carp really couldn’t dig it’s fins in and the whole thing was over pretty quickly. Had to walk it out a bit from shoreline to get it in water deep enough for proper resuscitation. 

Regards,
Scott

TR, TR, TR, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, TR, TR……… trout route, trip rip, tight rines, true reel……….. I give up what the heck does TR mean. 

1 hour ago, Poopdeck said:

TR, TR, TR, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, TR, TR……… trout route, trip rip, tight rines, true reel……….. I give up what the heck does TR mean. 

Trip report maybe?

Looks like a good size carp.

Carp on the skinny stick are tons of fun! Waiting for the lake level to get to summer pool so I can catch a biggun, too.

DSCN0020.JPG