Fly Tying
WWKimba

BS Swap - Registration closed at 11

Crap, I forgot to put these in the mail they been sitting on my desk for days.. do you still want them ??

Steve-stabgnid

Got them and you should see them loading on the site today.  Been busy with some emergency babysitting.  I met the 3 requirements: 1) I'm retired, 2) I have always loved kids, and 3) I was the first instructor/instructor trainer in (at that time) the new Red Cross Home Childcare training 7-part course.  So, I've been out of the house a few days.

Kim

Got some nice ties from cencalfly in today's mail.  One more set to go and it is in the mail so I anticipate the flies going out no later than Tuesday as long as the USPS holds up their end.  It's a very nice swap and I do believe you'll all love the tying skill shown by all!

Kim

I now have received all the sets of flies.  I hope to get them out by July 5th.  Sorry for the holdup!  I've been emergency babysitting for a couple grandparents who just were named emergency custodians for their 4-month-old grandson.  In a nutshell he is recovering from two broken legs and 3 broken ribs.  Since I'm a retired adult who was the professional in charge of first/CPR programs and was sent to NYC to be trained in the Home Daycare course when it first came out then I fit the bill.  Notice I did NOT say responsible!🤪

I appreciate your understanding.

Kim 

On 6/30/2022 at 5:11 PM, WWKimba said:

I now have received all the sets of flies.  I hope to get them out by July 5th.  Sorry for the holdup!  I've been emergency babysitting for a couple grandparents who just were named emergency custodians for their 4-month-old grandson.  In a nutshell he is recovering from two broken legs and 3 broken ribs.  Since I'm a retired adult who was the professional in charge of first/CPR programs and was sent to NYC to be trained in the Home Daycare course when it first came out then I fit the bill.  Notice I did NOT say responsible!🤪

I appreciate your understanding.

Kim 

If it is due to abuse, I hope the abuser gets worse.  If an accident, God bless.  God bless the child anyway, and you for helping.

Reading th e news here in Oregon was depressing enough...

On 7/2/2022 at 11:34 AM, DarrellP said:

If it is due to abuse, I hope the abuser gets worse.  If an accident, God bless.  God bless the child anyway, and you for helping.

Reading th e news here in Oregon was depressing enough...

+1 million 

Have friends who were active with BACA. Bikers Against Child Abuse. If that's the situation I hope the child is heals well and thank you for your help in the situation. It's a hard one to understand but happens.

.When I started dividing the flies I found that there is one missing.  I DID receive them and have turned the house upside down with no luck.  The tyer is going to tie a new set and I now owe them my firstborn!  I'm anticipating a mail out date by ~7/12.  I apologize to you all for my mix-up and it delaying the flies going out.

Kim

On 7/5/2022 at 11:16 AM, WWKimba said:

.When I started dividing the flies I found that there is one missing.  I DID receive them and have turned the house upside down with no luck.  The tyer is going to tie a new set and I now owe them my firstborn!  I'm anticipating a mail out date by ~7/12.  I apologize to you all for my mix-up and it delaying the flies going out.

Kim

I had the same thing happen!  I am living in part of my house while the rest is a construction zone, working full time.  I need to get this @##$ house finished and decluttered.

Stuff happens. 

I was dividing up the dry dropper swap, on our king bed. Had all the boxes and envelopes all laid out and about 3/4 finished when my cat jumped up on the bed. Between me yelling at her and all the stuff being up on “her” bed, she freaked out and a lot of the stuff went flying.

Pretty sure I screwed up at least a couple of boxes. 
Stuff happens.

TT