Fly Tying
WWKimba

BS Swap - Registration closed at 11

On 7/5/2022 at 12:16 PM, WWKimba said:

.When I started dividing the flies I found that there is one missing.  I DID receive them and have turned the house upside down with no luck.  The tyer is going to tie a new set and I now owe them my firstborn!  I'm anticipating a mail out date by ~7/12.  I apologize to you all for my mix-up and it delaying the flies going out.

Kim

No worries at all Kim.

I agree, but I find them more fun when they are hosted by other than a complete idiot!🥴  I do appreciate all the support.  Also, I see no new kids on the horizon in the family!

Kim

I tore my room apart looking for someone's flies one swap. I normally toss the envelopes into a box to keep track of them. Finally gave up looking and when going to sort them one set short I opened one of the envelopes and found the flies. Of course as soon as I found them I remembered what I'd done. Someone, hopefully new, had sent them in without a return envelope and so I'd just tossed the flies into someone else's envelope until I sorted them. Yep, envelope with x's flies and box of y's flies together. That's why we always stress a SASE envelope.

I use a similar, very carefully thought out and complex system.  I throw the flies in a paper grocery bag!

Kim

Swap flies are in the mail and the ponies are fed!  Check your PM's for your USPS tracking info.  Thanks for your patience and your fine patterns!

Kim

BTW, the next swap theme is going to be the 2525 Swap.  For those with grey or no hair think 1969 and its biggest one hit wonder.  For those that are younger check out YouTube under Zager and Evans for a hint!  It'll be on the books in a few days.

Kim, in my present state of nothingness I do stretch the rubber bands occasionally to avoid, "Our arms hang limply at our sides". One of my classic favorites and I wrote a Biker Song based on that tune.

Nick

Flies in the mail today. All went well until I was crushing barbs before boxing them and busted a hook on a fly I really anticipating putting to work if and when I drops below a 100 degrees. Put it with the flies I use for lawn casting so it will get used. Great bunch as expected from this group and as far as I could tell not a synthetic in the bunch.

By the way, would it be possible to list the fly pattern name next to each tyer’s name in the first post?  Many of the flies I received did not have the fly name printed on the toe tag, so I don’t know what they are.

I ALSO was not sent the fly names!  I do ask everyone to include their pattern with their registration - to help avoid duplicates.  Some do a TBA and inform me what they decided on but some do not!  Also, toe tags are SUPPOSED to include AT LEAST the tyers handle AND the fly pattern's name - but, not everyone does this.  We can request that those who did not follow the above attach their patterns name on this thread.

Kim

I have a template on my computer all I have to do is delete all but one of the previous swap.  Then I add the size and name and copy and paste until I have the number of tags needed.

Fishing Bob Nelson            0

#12 Grey Hackle Yellow Dry

On 7/14/2022 at 6:10 PM, cencalfly said:

Tupless Soft hackle

just seeing this now, very nice.