Fly Tying
WWKimba

BS Swap - Registration closed at 11

I know that many of you out there can swap BS!  Now let's see if you can tie BS!  This is a BS (Before Synthetics) Swap, all flies are tied with only fur, hair, feathers, wire (copper, silver or gold only!), tinsel (gold or silver), and plant materials (Swiss straw or kapok) for example.  Think of flies designed before 1960.  Any freshwater pattern - wet, dry, or terrestrial - is OK.  Open for the first 12 signees.

Sign-up will close at when we reach 15 swappers OR by the Friday, May 31st due by Tuesday, June 17th. Please remember the basic 5 - your flies, toe tags, swap box, SASE and your sending envelope. This swap is open to ALL level tyers and a fly-tying gift or two will be sent to all swappers.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me on this site and I'll be most happy to help you out. Also, if you are a newer tyer or new to swaps, please let me know as well so I can best help make this a great experience for you!

Lastly, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Kim

1 - vicrider - received

2 - Woodenlegs - Tups Indispensable  - received

3 - Stabgnid - received

4 - fishingbobnelson - received

5 - John 1986 - received

6 - jvmills - Partridge and Peacock - received

7 - cencalfly - received

8 - DarrellP - Micky Finn - received

9 - gadabout -Worden's Worry - received (sorry about that!)

10 - psychoprince - received0

11 - Sandan - received

I look forward to seeing your ties by the 17th!

Kim

I will join but more than 12 swappers is BS. If you go past 12 I'll drop and let someone more ambitious have my spot. 12 IS NOT a rule but works great and is traditional here.

I’m same a Vicrider, like the idea

patten G.E.M. Skues TUP’s Indispansible 

Originator R.S. Austin 1890

Passed on to G.E.M. Skues1934

80E25B3D-CD45-4D89-8961-6F80748B8FF9.jpeg

I agree with the 2 above me 12 a good number with that been said ... I'm in 

Steve-stabgnid

On 5/2/2022 at 6:23 AM, Woodenlegs said:

I’m same a Vicrider, like the idea

patten G.E.M. Skues TUP’s Indispansible 

Originator R.S. Austin 1890

Passed on to G.E.M. Skues1934

Okay, where did you get the urine stained wool from sheep? One of the guys on another wanted the real thing so a friend got him some wool properly stained. He decided to clean and boil it in his kitchen while wife was out of town. With everything he could do she still didn't talk to him for a month.

1 hour ago, cencalfly said:

I'm in. PMD Quigly Cripple (is dyed fur ok?)

NOPE, no fur.  Synthetics only on this swap.  Fake fur is OK though.

Kim

All down to cencalfly make 7 registered and an official swap.  Five more openings to go.  Thanks for the interest all!

Kim

5 hours ago, WWKimba said:

NOPE, no fur.  Synthetics only on this swap.  Fake fur is OK though.

Kim

Kim, you been drinking? If we were a younger crowd I might say put down that crack pipe and back away from the table. This is exactly what you posted to start this swap. Isn't you answer to Cencalfly totally the reverse? I'm going through patterns that use NO synthetics like you requested for this swap in your opening instructions?

"Now let's see if you can tie BS!  This is a BS (Before Synthetics) Swap, all flies are tied with only fur, hair, feathers, wire (copper, silver or gold only!), tinsel (gold or silver), and plant materials (Swiss straw or kapok) for example.  Think of flies designed before 1960."

14 hours ago, vicrider said:

Okay, where did you get the urine stained wool from sheep? One of the guys on another wanted the real thing so a friend got him some wool properly stained. He decided to clean and boil it in his kitchen while wife was out of town. With everything he could do she still didn't talk to him for a month.

I’m substituting 

OOPS!  Good catch!  YES, dyed fur is OK!! (Sorry, I was running a different swap theme on another site and mixed the two up! (something about 2525).

Kim

And how'd you know I was drinking!🤪