Fly Tying

43 minutes ago, Steeldrifter said:

Just get a pair of these https://www.amazon.com/Caddis-Neoprene-Bootie-Gravel-Guards/dp/B005GSZMUY/ref=asc_df_B005GSZMUY/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312154679201&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4417952766231082306&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9016829&hvtargid=pla-567930791002&th=1&psc=1

I have some that I use when wet wading in the summer. That way you can still use your existing wading boots without having to buy another smaller pair. Plus the gravel guards will keep the rocks out when wet wading.

I Like it!  Thank you!

Saw this on a Facebook group from Germany.

My brother works construction sealing and brought me a 2K liquid sealant “Francolon” yesterday and we brushed the neoprene feet with it yesterday!
To my astonishment, I realized this morning that it is very flexible and quite comfortable when you put on the bathing pants and wash shoes!
I'll test today if it's any good !

9 hours ago, RickZieger said:

I'll test today if it's any good !

keep us posted Rick

On 5/16/2022 at 2:19 PM, Steeldrifter said:

Just get a pair of these https://www.amazon.com/Caddis-Neoprene-Bootie-Gravel-Guards/dp/B005GSZMUY/ref=asc_df_B005GSZMUY/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312154679201&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4417952766231082306&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9016829&hvtargid=pla-567930791002&th=1&psc=1

I have some that I use when wet wading in the summer. That way you can still use your existing wading boots without having to buy another smaller pair. Plus the gravel guards will keep the rocks out when wet wading.

Exactly what I use for wet wading -- works great; highly recommend. 

19 hours ago, Bryon Anderson said:

Exactly what I use for wet wading -- works great; highly recommend. 

I really only “wet wade” on blue line streams so usually no deeper than 12” with some rock hoping will get me to a good casting lane.  I’ve been using my Muck boots which are great at keeping my feet dry and warm but really suck in the “grip” category.  Using neoprene booties with my regular boots will work.  Another option I found are these Korkers over shoes that I could wear over the Mucks.

image.thumb.png.16632d4d524ea87bce71d28fe92dbbc8.png

3 hours ago, DFoster said:

I really only “wet wade” on blue line streams so usually no deeper than 12” with some rock hoping will get me to a good casting lane.  I’ve been using my Muck boots which are great at keeping my feet dry and warm but really suck in the “grip” category.  Using neoprene booties with my regular boots will work.  Another option I found are these Korkers over shoes that I could wear over the Mucks.

Those look nice -- I've been considering something like that to wear over my wading boots just to have the option of metal studs when there are slippery rocks to negotiate. My boots came with studs, but it seems like it would be much easier to slip those on/off as needed, vs. sitting there with a socket wrench screwing sheet metal screws into the soles over and over. 

31 minutes ago, Bryon Anderson said:

Those look nice -- I've been considering something like that to wear over my wading boots just to have the option of metal studs when there are slippery rocks to negotiate. My boots came with studs, but it seems like it would be much easier to slip those on/off as needed, vs. sitting there with a socket wrench screwing sheet metal screws into the soles over and over. 

Consider Korkers boots when it's time to replace what you have.  The soles can be easily changed out with several options .  I currently have felt only soles on my pair but I will be going with the studs in felt option soon.  The felt works great in the water on rocks but I want the studs for leaf/dirt inclines down to the water and on wet logs. .

1 minute ago, DFoster said:

Consider Korkers boots when it's time to replace what you have.  The soles can be easily changed out with several options .

I will probably go with Korkers for my next pair, for that reason. Of course, that may be a while, because--through an odd turn of events--I am on my second season with my current Simms boots, and, when/if they give up the ghost, I have an identical, brand-new pair still in the box. 😄

Just now, Bryon Anderson said:

, I have an identical, brand-new pair still in the box. 😄

Not a bad problem to have-