Fly Tying
flytire

Best concerts you've attended

On 5/15/2022 at 5:48 PM, feathers5 said:

I don't like people in general? What the hell is wrong with you? You're arrogant, which is quite evident after all these years. You should be ashamed to make a statement like that. Get off of this site because we're people. Go back to your home planet.

😃  IF there was a planet to go to, with no people 'cept Wife and I ... we'd probably go.  Well, robots tending a Walmart would be a good addition ... and A/C for Wife.  Gotta have A/C for the Wife.  Wife and I, our favorite saying is, "We hate people".  One of us says it first, the other responds, "Yes, we do." 

That said, I've met a few of the people on this site, who I now consider friends ... Steve, Rich and Bo foremost  among them.  They've all graduated from People to Friends, and I am proud to call them such.

1)  There are family and friends ... Wife and I can like/love these people, even overlooking any faults they might display.  Family/Friends cannot become people without doing something truly heinous. 

2)  There are acquaintances ... people who might rate "friend" status but we haven't met yet.  We can like, or not, these acquaintances until the time we eventually meet.  Although they are not people, yet, they can become people without as bad an infraction as category 1. 

3)  Then there are people ... Wife and I hate them all. 

If that constitutes a negativity to you, I'm sorry you feel that way.  As far as Wife and me ... we're happier than anyone else I know. 

Topic back to you....

I grew up in a small town 12 miles outside of the second largest city in New England, Worcester, MA.  Worcester was mostly working class with pretty much no night life considering it's size.  I was told the city paid a steep price result a feud between the city government and the state DOT.  Years earlier when the state was building the Mass Pike, a highway that runs from the New York boarder to Boston this feud led to them building right past Worcester without a putting in a single exit to the city.  Take that city hall!  Anyway for a long time the only option to catch a concert was to drive. 

In 1982, despite still not having an exit into Worcester the Worcester Centrum finally opened and A list entertainment followed.  Over a decade I went to many shows but the first one, Van Halen on October 23, 1982 is seared into my memory as my favorite.  Van Halen were at their peak and they were probably the "biggest" band in the world at that time.  This was my friends and I first concert and as unsupervised teenagers the place felt really dangerous.  Everyone got frisked entering the facility for "weapons, alcohol and recording devices" -cool!  Then on our way in to our seats a group of workers rushed past us carrying an unconscious lady who was completely topless- whoa!  The smell of weed was everywhere and getting stronger as we got to our floor seats. Once there a guy and his girlfriend passed us a flask he snuck in full of Jack Daniels and randomly said "safety in numbers". ??? When the lights went dark we almost got trampled as thousands rushed forward to the stage.  At the same time several loud M-80 explosions detonated over our heads having been thrown by people sitting in the upper balcony -double whoa!  The band was powerful and loud and there were beautiful girls everywhere.  Being teenage boys we were all just blown away by the whole thing and It's a great memory from my youth that will never be repeated.

As the years went by my friends and I went to many shows from Paula Abdul to Ozzy Osbourne to Aerosmith to Billy Squire to Kiss.  After a while for me concerts just lost their excitement and became somewhat redundant. Maybe it's because I'm a musician myself, I don't really know but by 1993 I stopped chasing tickets.  Even the subsequent visits of Van Halen didn't carry with them the adrenaline rush of that first show.  Ticket prices now are just too high- $650 to see the Stones, I'd rather have another fly rod thanks.   From what I've seen on TV it looks like most performers have gone way overboard with their light shows and those obnoxious jumbo screens.  These days I'm content to listen to the excitement in my daughters and my oldest grand daughters voices as they tell me all about the latest show they've seen even though half the time I've never heard of the band.  Who the hell is Dustin Lynch?  😆