Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
The Mad Duck

Salmon Fly Hooks

Howdy all,

When my Dad passed I inherited all of his tying stuff. Its been over 10 years and I am still finding stuff in footlockers and boxes. I have recently come across a stash of hooks for Salmon flies. Some single,some double. I have several hundred, mostly Mustad and Partridge hooks, varying in size, the smallest I've found ,so far being #12 and the largest into the Aught sizes. He fished a couple of times a year in Nova Scotia for Atlantic Salmon,so he tied lots of Salmon Flies. Me, not so much. I'm a Bass,Bream,Trout and salt water guy.

So, My question is. What the heck are these worth,ball park. I would hate to pick each individual hook out and do a complete inventory. I will be dropping these hooks in the classified section when I get a better idea of their value. Any help would be appreciated

Current retail for Mustad 36890 is about 14.00 for a 50 pack.  

the doubles are becoming less sought after as most scheduled water is being restricted to single barbless hooks in North America. The boys across the pond still use them might be better sold as a lot unless you want to break them into 10 packs on ebay. still a fair market for them anyway.

Yea, I was thinking that when I get enough info about pricing, I will sell them as one big package. I have neither the time or inclination to split them up and sell in smaller lots. I'm lazy like that. 😜