Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Au Sable 2022 trip daily updates

Just got off the water for the last time before heading home in the morning.. Most the day was real slow, but right before dark iso's started coming and fish started rising. Had 4 hook up briefly and then one that was a nice fat 12" or so bow that came off right at the net. Just couldn't keep them hooked up for some reason tonight. But was a nice way to end the trip, leave me longing for more for next year.

Best trip to date by far. Really needed this time for myself and enjoyed every second of it, as well as time spent fishing with a couple good friends like Richard & Brett. After 2 weeks in the woods and fishing everyday, It'll actually be nice to head home and back to life for a bit.

I'll miss your daily updates as much as you'll miss experiencing them.

Glad you had such a great trip and are heading back with your batteries fully re-charged. 

Thanks for the reports. That smallmouth was the best by a "dam" sight. Safe trip home.

When you "feel" it'll be good to go home, you either had a terrible trip, or a great trip that wore you out.  Glad to hear this one was the latter.