Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
MuskyFlyGuy

An alternative day of fishing

Floated a section of the Namekagon on Wednesday. Early morning rain, which slowed down to a light drizzle until after lunch. 
B43EF60C-B843-4089-BF2E-507021836996.thumb.jpeg.5e9c654ec394749994f47e5bf131dceb.jpegFish ran small and were few and far between. I always try and show a fish or two.335E9866-1042-4C1C-9C51-92034FEDE096.thumb.jpeg.c0fd7e381c8226b2c9f99835c2abddd6.jpegThis was the biggie for the day. Then it started to rain and then a thunderstorm. We hunkered down under the tag alders and rowed during a break. Repeat that sequence several times until we got to the landing. Thunder and lightning were serious as one strike was about 3 seconds away. Drove home wet and took a hot shower. One of those character building days. 

No fun fishing when lighting is around. When I was younger I use to fish right through storms. Now that I am older (and wiser) anytime there's even a chance of a storm I sit the rod down and wait it out.

Looks like you still had fun. That's what matters 😎

Yep exactly. My trip is over and I go home Sunday morning, but Saturday a buddy & I are gonna spend the whole day chasing smallies for the last day of the trip 😎

Always like to hear of your daily reports. Have fun the rest of the time and careful driving home.