flytire

Ground Moles

20 hours ago, redietz said:

Ground moles?  Are there tree moles?

when YOU find one let us know

2 hours ago, flytire said:

when YOU find one let us know

They all turn out to be squirrels.

I actually have an issue with voles - similar to the moles I believe.  Tried everything you did and actually ended up just boobietrapping their environment with mouse traps.  Very effective and knowing they're gone is a plus.  We've got a stack of paver bricks behind the shed they run around in and I simply created some paths for them by moving some blocks for a maze type tunnel.  At the exterior openings, BANG - another one bites the dust.  I swear they breed like rabbits too.  I have caught roughly 30-40 of them this year alone.  About that many last year too.  It's my 7 year old sons favorite chore ("Going to check the traps MoM" - I always get an eye roll when he shouts that first thing in the morning).

Every once in a while one of the the cats will catch a mole or a vole.  I know owls are supposed to eat them, but nothing in or near our yard does.  The vultures will come in when I have to kill a raccoon, or a squirrel gets hit by a car ... but they won't bother landing for a mole or a vole.  I don't worry about them.  Though our yard is green, it's just natural grasses and the mole hills and tunnels don't seem to have any effect.