Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

Different take on the classic bugger

So, in the process of fooling around at the desk looking for something interesting since I tied everything I'll ever need already it picked up a Sculpin Head and then grabbed a #4 jig hook. Finding it would go on sideways then twisting it I realized it could make a standup head. How to hold it in place? Okay, grab the Solarez and squirt the stuff in the gap. Hold it in place while cooking it, then add a little more and the head was in place. Had some purple stuff on bench from previous tie and used it to make a bugger. It looks good to me. Any smooth bottom or sand will let it stand up and wiggle and I know bass will definitely eat this up. I have a bag of heads around and lot of large jig hooks and will make some for me to try out if I ever get a chance. 

DSCF7190.JPG

DSCF7187.JPG

DSCF7192.JPG

I also used the great streamers flytire shows us to design this for a swap on a different forum. Not the quality of his flies but it is labor intense compared to a couple of hair patches on a hook. I like it and think it will fish.

DSCF7194.JPG