Fly Tying
Squeezy

Dad's Birthday Gift

Morning All,

Just wanted to share a little project I've been working on for my Father's Birthday gift.  As some may know, he's the one who pointed me to the light of fishing (See post in Introductions).  Well, his 63rd Birthday was in June, but we'll be visiting (Illinois) first week in August, so I thought I'd make it something a little special.  Just started tying flies and I work Aircraft Sheetmetal for my occupation.  Put the two together, he has a nice box and well... some flies.  I'm sure he'll enjoy catching panfish on those cool spring mornings next year.  Going to continue tying and hopefully fill the box with "good looking" flies and then provide him with a plethora of backup flies.  Thinking about adding some patches to the inside of the lid or some sort of store bought attachment point for more flies.  Nymphs inside the lid and larger streamers/dry flies inside maybe.  

Happy Friday and hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

-Blaine

Dads_Fly_Box_2.jpg

Dads_Fly_Box_1.jpg

Edited by Squeezy
verbiage

I do apologize, supposed to have posted in the Fly Tying Bench - not the archives.  Is there a way I can move it - or a mod take care of it for me.  Thanks

Nice gift Blaine, that is the type of gift a Dad will truly appreciate from his Son 👍

And no problem with it being in the tying bench. It's about flies so that is perfectly alright to leave it here.

EDIT- ah ai see what you were saying now, it's in the featured topics section. I will move it for you to the normal tying area.

Steve

Very nice! As a dad of similar age I would love that if my kids made it.

Well done.  Perhaps I am too sentimental, but my favorite possessions are stuff from my kids and parents.