Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
HopeDMorin

Fishing For Trout And Smallmouths

As far as spawning Trout, please leave them be. What's probably worse than targeting spawning Trout is wading through the redds. 

3 hours ago, Jaydub said:

As far as spawning Trout, please leave them be. What's probably worse than targeting spawing Trout is wading through the redds. 

Exactly right. 

12 hours ago, Woodenlegs said:

It’s simple DON,T

Agreed.  How desperate can you get to catch fish?

It's not a matter of "desperate" ... but I'm not going to stay off the water just because some species or another is in spawning mode.  I still have to work for a living, so my days available for fishing are limited.  I'm going fishing when I get the chance.  I don't "target" bedding fish, but as I said before, I'm not going to avoid them either.

13 minutes ago, mikechell said:

It's not a matter of "desperate"

That was said tongue in cheek. 

15 minutes ago, mikechell said:

I don't "target" bedding fish,

I think that's what the OP was referring to, not putting off fishing until the spawn is over.  At least that's how understood it.  Crickey, up here in New England I don't fish until the air temp approaches 40  or above, so I would barely have a 2 months to fish if I only did it when no one was spawning.  

Not fishing beds and not fishing are two different animals. I don’t fish beds but I sure as heck fish for fish off their beds. One doesn’t have to stop fishing all together, just don’t throw your stuff into active beds occupied by actively bedding fish. After fish are done spawning they go hang elsewhere which is where you can throw your flies/lures and catch them if legal.