Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Tattoos

On 7/27/2022 at 3:06 PM, mikechell said:

I once got into a fight on a Navy ship when I questioned a sailor why he had a beautifully done nude woman on his back.  His reply, "I liked the picture and wanted it on me."  I said, "You can't see it on your back.  The only reason to have that on your back is so your buddy has something to look at while he's pile driving your a---  (That's when the fight started)

Pure gold

I have none myself, but my wife has two small ones; one on her foot and one on her hip. Ever since I've known her, she's said that she regretted getting them, because she did it impulsively when she was very young, and only to be rebellious (that tells you how long ago it was, back when only "rebels" had tattoos 😄). Neither design meant anything personal to her, and several times she looked into having them removed, but it was too expensive (not to mention painful). 

I was surprised, then, when she told me recently that she wanted to get this. 

She said that she'd been thinking about how much she'd changed as a person over the 12 years that we've been married, how she'd become so much more self-aware, etc., and the more she thought about it, the more she was drawn to the idea and images of the Phoenix. 

Not only do I support her one hundred percent, I have actually been doing some reflection of my own, and have discovered that there is no concept or image or concept with which I so personally identify that having it permanently inked on my skin feels like something I need to do. I'm not really sure how I feel about that realization. I think I might be a little envious of her. 

phoenix-tattoo-female-001.jpg