Fly Tying
Woodenlegs

Mini Leech

The theme for this one is leeches

Let's keep this swap limited to hook sizes 14 to 20.

Tie up the pattern that you never leave home without and do the swap thing with standard swap rules. I would like at least 8 for this swap, with a maximum of 12. Send 12 flies you wIll not get yours back. Duedate will be September 30th

Swap Mister Mayer’s Mini Jig Leech

will give address when swap is set

1.  Vicrider  Buggaboo Tail Leech received 

2. Trouttramp  Long Black Thing received 

3. fishingbobnelson   Glen’s Leech received 

4. WWKimba Henry’s Lake Leech received 

5. DarrellP received 

6. stabgnid received 

7. Johnw1986 received 

8. flytire  Mayer’s Mini leech received 

9. niveker  Hale Bopp Leech received 

We made it;

Jerrold McKaughan

PO Box 85

Pottsville, AR 72858

It’s looking like this swap is a go, give it till August 12th to get final number tye 9 and tagem 

Really don''t have a favorite leech. Just use buggers but I'll modify to fit the leech pattern. Was looking at one in a mag I really liked and may need to order some material but will get in for sure.

If you will have me, I would like to enter this one. 

I fish a “ long black thing” that I sort of invented (modified)  that is kind of a leach imitation. Would that work? I tie it in purple and brown also. It’s a smallmouth killer at times. It’s usually on a 6 or 8 hook, it would be fun to scale it down to a 14.

Trouttramp 

This sounds like a wonderful swap.  I am looking forward to tying these flies.  I am willing to go with 7 if nobody else joins.

On 8/5/2022 at 9:18 PM, vicrider said:

Actually, those hooks are kind of on the small side for leeches, aren't they?

Google "mini leech fly pattern" there are a lot of patterns.

Well WL, I am in the process of tying down on materials and hooks I have now and getting better use of what I have before I do any more ordering. I have probably hundreds of hooks even though I sold a bunch but unfortunately did not have have the hooks to meet you guidelines. I had to up to a #12 to have the shaft length I wanted for this SLF dubbed Buggaboo tail leech I found on the net. It is a mix of Olive Bubbaboo and Yellow. Cone head and SLF in a dubbing loop. I think they came pretty good and really think they will show well to fish of most any kind you throw them at. Good thing I had just enough dubbing for 12 and one for my box. Didn't have to change colors in midstream anyway.

DSCF7250.JPG

DSCF7249.JPG