Fly Tying
Grog

C&F vise

Hello. Anyone have/tied on one of these vises?  Most vises have some good features but not everything I’m looking for, maybe except this one. 

22 minutes ago, flytire said:

what features are you looking for?

never used one as it is way out of my price range

$987 on amazon

Searched Amazon. Can't find it. Do you have a link

Is this some kind of self promotion. I fail to see what this vise brings to the table that almost any substantially cheaper vise don’t. So what exactly are you looking for and think you found only in this outrageously priced and unheard of vise?

I have never used one- but C&F has a reputation for pricey but good stuff.  I could be wrong but I think their products are better known in Europe, they may be an overseas company?

There are a few overseas vises in the same price range from over seas that you might also consider.  You should be able to find promotional videos about them on their dealers web sites.

https://www.avidmax.com/tiemco-vise-ii/

https://www.flyfishfood.com/products/fnf-talon-vise

I stand corrected and should have stated that I never heard of them which should not surprise anyone since I am never in the market for high end stuff. However,  I still fail to see what extra features this vise brings to the table. 

3 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

However,  I still fail to see what extra features this vise brings to the table.

Didn't you see the doojaflippy on the gadapackle?

Lol.

That's exactly what I was looking for, I must have missed it.

Probably hidden behind the whatchamacallit, just to the left of the whosamajiggy. 

On 9/8/2022 at 10:41 AM, Grog said:

Hello. Anyone have/tied on one of these vises?  Most vises have some good features but not everything I’m looking for, maybe except this one. 

Have you looked at a Renzetti Master Vise?

You can add attachments like the Speed Crank, Parachute attachment, etc, which the C&F does not have.

Check out the 4 pages of parts and accessories you can get for the Renzetti vs the C & F.

https://www.bobmarriottsflyfishingstore.com/fly-tying/fly-tying-vises-parts-accessories/renzetti

https://www.bobmarriottsflyfishingstore.com/fly-tying/fly-tying-vises-parts-accessories/c_f_design

One other consideration is whether the business will be still be operating in 20 years when you might need to send something in for repair.

You guys really didn't need to be condescending to the guy. He asked a question about a particular vise. Just because some you won't spend a dime on anything there are those of us who appreciate tying on a high quality vise and can also appreciate the machining and finish a manufactures puts into their product. 

Some of you probably scare off newbies and that's not what this hobby or forum should be about. One thing I've noticed is over the years as a guy gets better and better at tying, most want to move up to a high quality vise and there is nothing wrong with that if it's in his means to do so. I was raised up and taught that if you don't have something nice to say.....don't say anything. 

Sorry I stepped in here today.  Back to tying on my $650 vise. Hmmmm....but which one?