Fly Tying
vicrider

Happy to run Christmas Box Swap again

3) 6 large saltwater flies. i.e. crabs, shrimp, streamers, etc. tied on saltwater hooks.

4) 3 stacked and packed deer hair flies. These are more effort than most other flies and can be things of beauty. I have a few from members too nice to fish so they hang on my tying bench for inspiration.

You are NOT limited to listed amount of flies. I CANNOT always balance the amounts of flies and box when cross matching the swappers and secret santas so sending in several extra is great but cannot guarantee getting back anything except minimums.

This has been a fun swap and I hope to make it fun, equitable, and get each person flies geared toward their preference as much as possible. Let's have fun and the sooner I get all the flies the sooner they'll be packaged and returned. Once back to receivers I expect them to sit UNMOLESTED under tree until Christmas Eve.rolleyes.gif I promise to keep better track of where your flies go and be able to give that info if no one responds to your flies.

There is no limit to how many can participate in this swap. Considering it's Christmas, the more the merrier.
You may send in boxes in more than one category or more than one box in a category. You will get a return gift for each box sent. I personally gift wrap each package. Poorly wrapped maybe but the thought is there.

You decide what you think someone would like to receive, tie them up and send them in. No limit to the amount of participants for this swap.
I pledge on my part to keep better track of flies and boxes, where they go, and get photos this year.
Nick Szabo
PO Box 361
Cheyenne OK 73628
[email protected]

Notes based on FAQs...

1. Yes, my email is paypal connected for postage

2. To clarify a point, I'm going to try again on this since I've had a couple of questions on it.
Let's say you're in for a panfish swap. Now, let's say you don't know 15 panfish flies you can tie comfortably and send in. Okay, no one (most anyway), wants a dozen identical Bluegill Bullies. If you're only comfortable with a few different patterns fine. Just mix them up so you have no more than 3 of any single pattern so the person will have some variety in his box. This could be as simple as 5 sets of 3 different patterns, 5 sets of 3 similar but different color or weight or size patterns, or 2 sets of 3 patterns and 9 different patterns. Not trying to confuse anyone here, just trying to make it clear that this is not the swap where we try to tie 12 identical patterns.

3. Since it was brought up by someone, I will include the Santa's surprise for at least one lucky member drawn at random. This will consist of some flies sent as extras by generous souls and maybe a few tying materials I have in surplus. At least one special surprise, maybe more.

4. If you have nice extra tying supplies you just don't use send them and I'll scatter extra gifts in packages I send out.

1. Woodenlegs...Wrapped

2. Rick Zieger...Wrapped

3. agn54...Wrapped

4. Stabgnid...Wrapped

5. Lil Dave from Downunder...Wrapped

6. Trout Ttramp...Wrapped

7. John1986...Wrapped

8. Squeezy...Wrapped

9. Coin...Wrapped

10. dflanagan...Wrapped

11. Niveker......Wrapped

12. DarrellP...Wrapped

13. JV Mills......Wrapped

14. gillage...Wrapped

15. cencalfly......Wrapped

16. Sandan......Wrapped

17. cphubert...Wrapped

18. r2732...CFRF......Wrapped

19. northcaddis...Wrapped

20. Dadofsix......Wrapped

21. psychoprince...Wrapped

22. Chasing_Tails...Wrapped

23. Breambuster...Wrapped

24. FishingBobNelson...Wrapped

25. Bear-Kodiak...CFRF......Wrapped

26. Camo Clad Warrior

27. Alberta Al...CFRF

28. Dubs......Wrapped

29. WWKimba...Wrapped

30. Jonathon Barnes...FB......Wrapped

31. Jay Dzik...FB......Wrapped

32. Hank Belcher

33. Jeff Goetti 

34. dogfacedoc......Wrapped

35. Swheeler

36. Chris_in_Lousiana...Wrapped

37. Musky  Fly Guy...Sent a bunch of goodies to include as stocking stuffers

38. RudyC...CFRF......Wrapped

Stabgnid, you missed being first this year but knew you'd be in for our pleasure in getting your flies. I know you tie a bit of everything but one category that doesn't get enough takers is steelhead/salmon flies and streamers. Just a thought but anything you tie is going to be well received by someone.

5 hours ago, Coin said:

If you promise not to laugh

I don't think you have to worry about that on this site, we've all been there. Just have to be careful, swapping flies becomes addictive. 

Yep Coin, like niveker says, it's addictive and a great way to improve your skills. When you're doing flies you know are going out to other tiers you concentrate on things more and begin to find yourself making improvements in things without out even thinking about them. Glad to have you joining in and look forward to your box of flies.