Fly Tying
cencalfly

Dogs: Talk About Your Dog

For beginners dogs can be complicated.  So follow the instructions:

Here's my mister smiley Mr. G.  My Golden Goofus

20220922_080807.jpg

FB_IMG_1651466364672.jpg

HenryRufusCudaBrown, HankyBoy is going on 6 yrs.  One time he ate my HungarianPartridge half skin when I stepped outa the tying room.  😡  He got snake bit last month but OK.

71B52E05-6ABB-49E2-BC12-ACBAF96C6FF0.jpeg

CF14A97E-2F87-4923-AA04-38B66AF9A05B.jpeg

Sturgeon- goes by Sturg or Sturgey

He’ll be 4months old November Nov 9th. 

AE8452A7-1024-4C85-A7CA-A3960CE3F4F0.jpeg

6 hours ago, denduke said:

HenryRufusCudaBrown, HankyBoy is going on 6 yrs.  One time he ate my HungarianPartridge half skin when I stepped outa the tying room.  😡  He got snake bit last month but OK.

71B52E05-6ABB-49E2-BC12-ACBAF96C6FF0.jpeg

CF14A97E-2F87-4923-AA04-38B66AF9A05B.jpeg

Who's the good boi?  Looks like you got a good buddy there.  So glad he's fine.

Huckleberry Finn - best fishing bud ever:

IMG-2606.jpg

Always sniffing out new places to fish:

IMG_20190623_091203__02.jpg

Finding new tying material:

IMG-20191110-0948231.jpg

Pretty good at raspberry picking too

IMG-20200723-190219.jpg

Rudy... He likes woods and rivers better, also playing with other dogs and chasing squirrels, cats, and rabbits, but sometimes he just likes hanging with us on the back porch4535.thumb.jpeg.eccdd32b2052b065730d12e22edc074d.jpeg

4537.thumb.jpeg.dd97ca3f689fb55db781d1705fbddd94.jpeg

This is our menagerie of a few years ago. From Top to bottom: Gemma, the Lab; Murdo, the pup Border Terrier; and Rocco the Clown, the Italian Spinoni.  They are all gone now just collars on the mantle and great memories. 

IMGP0013.JPG

9 hours ago, troutguy said:

Two Brittany

Beautiful beasts.  My guy is just a big dope who occasionally gets lucky.

It really is a thing of beauty and wonder to see a real  working dog in action.  

17 hours ago, Rocco said:

just collars on the mantle and great memories

my wife saves the collars also, they hang on our coat rack. 

Dogs always bring back good memories, seems we usually touch upon our past dogs' exploits/talents  whenever we're all together for the holidays.  

Truly wonderful photos everyone of some beautiful pups! 

We got a new puppy "Duncan" as a companion for our 3 year old "Oliver" just before the 4th of July.  We're in our mid 50's and both work full time, my wife from home most days.  But despite being pretty active we couldn't provide enough energy and play time for Oliver.  It's also easier to have 2 of them in some respects.  They became instant best friends and play themselves out to the point they fall asleep.  These days they are inseparable, besties. 

Friends of ours who have never had a dog say they can't understand why people do it-  Well lets see, there's the long and maddening process of house training, a good carpet cleaner is a must have. There's the ever present risk of chewing damage to expensive things. My has had to replace a vacuum cleaner, area rug,  LL bean slippers and a pricey Victoria Secret Bra.   The Grandkids learned quickly that the floor is their domain, pick things up or you may be sorry.  So far the furniture and fly fishing stuff has been spared.  One must be aware of how irresistible neoprene booties on waders are to a puppy.  There's also having to get up at 5AM every day even on weekends to take them out or bad things will happen, 😲 (carpet cleaner).  We have coyotes around so that means one of us leaving a warm bed, getting dressed and walking them on a leash even when it's a cold rain.  Then there's the vet bills, the food bills, the grooming bills, toys and treats and in general the massive amount of time and money we devoted to our dogs.  So why?  Because for us life is better with dogs. 

Here's the guys, Duncan and Oliver. 

1.jpg.657c856e83be1a4907accbe31486316d.jpg

6.jpg.dc0cb034fe0847e10fe5f592addfbaa6.jpg

2.jpg.1bc326d401ffb8b801fd081d3938fae4.jpg

Problem with retriever puppies....”That joker chewed up my favorite ________________.  “
Years ago my Dede right outa college that she worked her way thru, had bought her a house/was on her way.  She was dating a hyway patrolman. They got into it about her dog.  She put him out and kept the dog....😏😝

160C6759-712C-4FFF-879A-BED0FB63CA64.jpeg

FEC1E7B1-4812-41A5-A3FF-D0FBE9206E97.jpeg

10 hours ago, denduke said:

She put him out and kept the dog....

LOL - 

Way back in the day when you could walk into the local dog pound and walk out 10 minutes later with a new dog,  my live in girlfriend of several years and I had a really great dog, Frodo, a Shepherd/Husky mix, so smart and loyal.  When I could see things were just starting to go downhill and the 'happily ever after' was not meant to be, I knew I needed to plan ahead. 

So, I walked into the pound and got a 2nd dog.  Six months or so later, we split up, she went her way with Jenna, I got to keep Frodo.  

22 minutes ago, niveker said:

LOL - 

Way back in the day when you could walk into the local dog pound and walk out 10 minutes later with a new dog,  my live in girlfriend of several years and I had a really great dog, Frodo, a Shepherd/Husky mix, so smart and loyal.  When I could see things were just starting to go downhill and the 'happily ever after' was not meant to be, I knew I needed to plan ahead. 

So, I walked into the pound and got a 2nd dog.  Six months or so later, we split up, she went her way with Jenna, I got to keep Frodo.  

I love a happy ending! 😄

I live on family farmland.  Years ago when kids actually fished they would sometimes throw their catch to my Father in Law's cattle pond next door.  It's about half as big as a hockey rink and these days has a healthy population of Bluegills and a few Largemouth.  The younger grand children fish for them in the summer.  One of Oliver's jobs is to chase off the Blue Herron's that stop by for a meal.  It's great fun for him.  While out with their "cousin" Argus we interrupted a Turkey Vulture eating a snake.  The vulture flew off on our approach but decided to return.  I thought this might be interesting and got my phone out.

IMG_4726.MOV