Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Classic looking glass rod

Real nice subtle/classic looking glass rod just out of the shop and headed to its new owner this weekend. Dark green wraps with gold trim give it a great look on the green blank.

3h50Z97.jpg

look new school to me

but its nice

do they still make this classic style reel seat?

this to me is vintage/classic

pb~PC220006.jpg

I might have a few of those old school Shakespear, Fenwick and Lamiglas rods but really looking forward to casting modern glass. 

retiredrods.jpg

There's a difference between "Vintage" and "old school style". Vintage is period correct parts like the stamped aluminum seat above, varnish for wraps, standard cork, silk thread etc etc. Old school style is just the toned down style in flat or earth tone color pallets, no flashy parts like CF seat or anything like that.

I don't know if you can still buy those old pinned on hood seats like that new, but you can always find them real cheap on ebay. Usually you can get them 3/$10...or at least you use to few years back, I haven't checked lately.

Looks to be made of jade glowing in the sunlight, action is faster than my old Fenwicks. Thing of beauty! Cannot wait to fish it tomorrow.