Fly Tying
vicrider

Snow in Oklahoma and Texas

Watching the weather up north from down here in  paradise (south florida) - a few thoughts occurred... First this will drive our usual seasonal snowbirds down to us year after year - and my winter bookings depend on them... Secondly watching the weather reports and noting how this is all part of "climate change" or global warming (their previous banner...).  Years ago a common saying was that everyone complains about weather - but no one does anything about it... Looks to me as though that's changed big time (and those incredibly smart politicians that run our country are, of course, taking advantage of it....) wish it weren't so - but it was certainly predictable... 

One of my customers pointed out a few years back - that there was no room for politics on a small skiff so I'll stop right here...  but the usual BS about weather and such isn't something I'll be buying into any time soon.  I particularly enjoy all the ballyhoo about rising sea levels... In my own area it's helpful to remember that 10,000 years ago - Orlando, three hundred miles to the north of me - was actually ocean front property and that the Everglades only assumed its current form about 5,000 years ago... It was all a tropical ocean bank before that under  thirty feet of water..

On 11/20/2022 at 8:05 AM, niveker said:

God, I hate winter. 

After today the temps look fairly reasonable here in Mass with highs in the upper forties for the rest of the week.  More importantly the forecast isn't calling for much wind.  I'm going to try an get out on the stream for a couple of hours over the holiday break.  Not bad all things considered- I can remember clearing snow on more than one Thanksgiving.  Sure the fishing is slow as the water temps drop  but it's still great to get out for a while before the and long  inevitable "arctic apocalypse" takes hold in a few weeks. 🙂

Hope you're able to get out, DF. 

Saw tons of brookies on their redds Saturday morning while walking the dog.  

3 hours ago, niveker said:

Hope you're able to get out, DF. 

Saw tons of brookies on their redds Saturday morning while walking the dog.  

There are a couple of pools on the Quinne that I can fish mostly from shore without too much cold water wading.  Generally they hold a few Rainbows so If I can get out I am hoping to fish there.  I figure I'll leave the natives alone to make more natives-

2 hours ago, DFoster said:

I figure I'll leave the natives alone to make more natives-

Yeah, this was on the catch and release section, but I agree.  Hope you get out, I'm not seeing it in my near future.