Fly Tying
SalarMan

Coolest SUV Ever?

My wife and I went to lunch as we always do every other Tuesday when our cleaning girl is here. I was driving and approaching an SUV that did not kook at all familiar. When I was right behind it at a traffic light my reaction...WHOA!!!  I had no idea Aston-Martin was making an SUV (the DBX). One great looking vehicle and possibly the coolest SUV out there for around $200,000...except maybe for the Bentley Fly Fishing special version that even includes leather rod tubes built into the ceiling of the interior for around $300,000.

Little rich for my blood...but you gotta love it.

I've seen a few of the Lamborghini SUVs when I'm in Boston.   George as long as we're in the land of make believe I'll take 2 of the Bentley fly fishing SUVs (his and hers).  😜

Capture.thumb.JPG.dbb891a928626380ef565bd9d07058df.JPG

Capture1.thumb.JPG.69fb5e0555dad4f56ed3fc270803a5c1.JPG

Capture2.thumb.JPG.1a89b66b628865cc6f1cbfd582fbb337.JPG

After careful consideration...I'll take the Bentley. Stunning coach work as always from these top of the line British vehicles. Thanks for those pictures Dean.

2 hours ago, niveker said:

I'd trade either of those for one of the originals:

image.png.d2e3d10fdaf87e3afa7261bf5458f2d2.png

That vehicle had style 

Then there is reality....

I owned a Jeep Wagoneer. It was a piece of crap and absolutely the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I bought it with "everything" with the largest V8 engine. Electric windows stopped working, it got under 10 mpg. When windows stick in the DOWN posting in the middle of a Wisconsin winter at 10 below, you can't use the vehicle.

There is a reason that American Motors went belly up.

9 minutes ago, SilverCreek said:

When windows stick in the DOWN posting in the middle of a Wisconsin winter at 10 below, you can't use the vehicle.

Jeesh, you cheese-heads are soft.  

14 hours ago, SilverCreek said:

Then there is reality....

I owned a Jeep Wagoneer. It was a piece of crap and absolutely the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I bought it with "everything" with the largest V8 engine. Electric windows stopped working, it got under 10 mpg. When windows stick in the DOWN posting in the middle of a Wisconsin winter at 10 below, you can't use the vehicle.

There is a reason that American Motors went belly up.

I had one also. I often thought of wearing the kidney belt I had for my rigid frame Harley while driving it. It was terrible vehicle IMO and I've had some bad ones. My Suburu Outback is one of the best all around vehicles I've owned so far. Only 70K on it and as tight as when we picked it up.

You have to keep vehicle comparisons to the same era. In the 60’s and 70’s every vehicle was unreliable and every truck based sedan rode like crap. I would rather have 400K sitting in the bank doing nothing. 

If there is such "a thing" as a State Vehicle,

.......like a State Bird or a State Fish, I am convinced that the Subaru Outback is the State Vehicle of Wisconsin.

A short drive up there will convince you of that fact.

of course in some "cheesey color" LOL

How about a 41 prewar Ford.  Not mine but I can imagine putting my bamboo rod, hardy reel with silk line and wicker creel in the back and heading off to the river for the evening hatch.

E2396621-F0BD-44B6-858C-FC5DC693553D.jpeg

15 minutes ago, johnnyquahog said:

How about a 41 prewar Ford.  Not mine but I can imagine putting my bamboo rod, hardy reel with silk line and wicker creel in the back and heading off to the river for the evening hatch.

E2396621-F0BD-44B6-858C-FC5DC693553D.jpeg

I just like the way you think!!!