Fly Tying
Trouttramp

The challenge thread!

Matukas

Tied up a couple good ole bigguns for trip next week.  Shad kill coming thru a dam?
Tie on flash, chennile and rib at the bend.    After wrapping chennile forward tie on the wing.   Wrap the rib over the wing careful not to cover the barbs and bring it forward.  Add another  hackle wrapped at the head. l’m incorrigible about flash and eyeballs. 
Great thing about Matukas is the wing doesn’t foul with the hook casting/fishing.  I like em!!!

Next fly is a Critter or Creature Fly.  Let’s not include Cdad, crab, or frog.  Too easy.  You trout and salmon guys could do a mouse.  Snake, Turtle, Rat, Duckling, Bird,  Lizard, Squid(?),  etc. 

60D2175C-2848-41AD-A513-7BBDFF5588F4.jpeg

36C2C01C-518F-4653-9AF8-84C7F5F38B7B.jpeg

A5052E2F-55B9-4A73-85E6-FFEE92283A72.jpeg

B26BF1BD-48E2-4CB6-BC10-4D8EA715D988.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Bruce Derington said:

No one game for a critter fly? I can try a mouse, or mouse rat?

2 minutes ago, Squeezy said:

Go for it!  Get this train rolling again

👍

Great mouse rat, Bruce! Which tool do you find more essential, the fugly packer or the magnum rite bobbin? I dont have a fugly packer and have the rite half hitch bobbin, and thinking about adding some tools to the desk. 

Definitely a great packer/stacker, BD!  I have to do foam and such…BTW big bass hate when turtles invade their spawning beds.

E6F44D83-81F6-4B45-A358-FC2E4558C45A.jpeg

49A1C471-4437-43F9-8783-5AEA1E83AEDE.jpeg

617B9985-2E0F-4018-B16F-12F9665EDA07.jpeg
I count 17 Voles(?)

FBD78D42-1EF0-45A2-ABE3-D3B264527B30.jpeg

8 hours ago, denduke said:

Definitely a great packer/stacker, BD!  I have to do foam and such…BTW big bass hate when turtles invade their spawning beds.

FBD78D42-1EF0-45A2-ABE3-D3B264527B30.jpeg

If I am remembering correctly, the photo above is from Silver Creek, Idaho and the fish was caught on a Morrish Mouse pattern.

http://www.flyfisherman.com/fly-tying/step-by-step/fly-tying-the-morrish-mouse/

12 hours ago, ScienceGuy141 said:

Great mouse rat, Bruce! Which tool do you find more essential, the fugly packer or the magnum rite bobbin? I dont have a fugly packer and have the rite half hitch bobbin, and thinking about adding some tools to the desk. 

That’s a junior fugly, the original is too big for my hands and believe it’s over kill. Love the bobbin, burned through one, second has held up fine, thanks for the comment