Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Intruders

Lil intrusion from the peanut gallery. Don’t have the best and proper mat’l yet but got a few hooks and since can’t get Rhea or Raptor feathers, especially black, I found some “BirdFur”Prolly never a salmon or steelhead on my horizon but wanted to play with these so got me some classic salmon hooks. I’ll bet these would work though up on the WhiteRiver in the winter when the browns are “egg” oriented.... I guess they are “Intruders”?...Dying to glue on some eyes?  You recon?

Oops, have since learned Intruders are tied on shanks with a trailer hook....Oh well...

77D3DE9F-FED2-4A3A-89C6-84D5445BF3EC.jpeg

F6778903-21E7-48A3-AFE4-7D8D57144D81.jpeg

EFD71139-B220-4CA2-A851-897CC1FCA927.jpeg

Very nice denduke, those would be productive here in Michigan for sure. I have bought some materials for these type of flies but have yet to get serious about tying them. Perhaps with the crappy weather I may need to dig the stuff out and give them a go. A local fly shop Nomad anglers has some good videos on steelhead and salmon flies. I’ve got a 7 wt. switch rod I’ve never used, got fix that.

Mike.