Fly Tying
upnorthtier

broke my vice today

Joey, that sucks , but things happen. I’m sure Regal will make it right. I wouldnl Even screw around with it , just them the jaws. Keep us updated on on your progress.

Mike.

Sure surprised me too when it broke, it just snapped, no warning. It broke right at the bend. Anyway i just messaged regal and waiting for a reply from them. Ill just use the other regal big jaw while waiting, lucky i have 2 of them. Keep you guys posted.

Why bother to remove the hook at all.  I don't see the urgency, send the entire thing back to Regal.  I'm sure they'll replace it, but keep us posted.  The only advantage or removing the hook is to save the hook.

10 minutes ago, Gene L said:

Why bother to remove the hook at all.  I don't see the urgency, send the entire thing back to Regal.  I'm sure they'll replace it, but keep us posted.  The only advantage or removing the hook is to save the hook.

The hook is still in the jaws and will remain there until i get a response from regal. I hope regal just sends me a new handle so i don't have to send out the vice to them, i can replace it myself.

Might even be cheaper for me to buy it, price of shipping these days is outrageous and it would be done quicker. 

Anyway bad time for this to happen, probably shut down for the holiday, not expecting a response till next week

Ok, regal replied to my email. I'm still not sure even though i asked if this was covered by warranty. They just gave me a few Canadian suppliers that may have spare parts for me to contact.

Response from regal

Hi Joey,

Thank you for reaching out! We have some great dealers in Canada. Michael & Young, Iron Bow, and W.W. Doak are some of our larger dealers and commonly have spare parts and handles that they can send you.

Thanks!
Haley

"have spare parts and handles that they can send you."  

The way that's worded it sounds to me like they will cover it under the warranty.  Still, why not call Regal to get a clear "yes it's covered under the limited lifetime warranty" answer?  From the Regal website-  

image.thumb.png.216879fb307947109282dcc9a8524c3e.png

12 hours ago, tferg said:

Regal should have said.  " Your handle is on the way. Thank You for using Regal."

Exactly what i was expecting. Now i have to phone a bunch of shops to track down a handle and probably going to cost me some $. I think im going to phone regal and have a little chat with them. Anyway im almost tempted to just weld the handle myself, it would never break there again, might be too bulky though.

2 hours ago, upnorthtier said:

I think im going to phone regal and have a little chat with them.

I would have a chat with them.  Their written response seems to fly in the face of those saying they'll honor the warranty, essentially "Yeah, that can be replaced, order it here and put it on yourself."

Also, would not dismantling it by yourself effectively void the warranty, as per their 'fine print'?

Or maybe I'm just a cynical curmudgeon.

11 minutes ago, niveker said:

I would have a chat with them.  Their written response seems to fly in the face of those saying they'll honor the warranty, essentially "Yeah, that can be replaced, order it here and put it on yourself."

Also, would not dismantling it by yourself effectively void the warranty, as per their 'fine print'?

I agree with Niveker and yeah I'm a Curmudgeon.

You shouldn't have to, but get after'em

It may be just inexperience because so few of their vises have "issues"

I have had very good  luck with the Regal Vise people, unfortunately it goes back30-40 years ago when they were a new company and very responsive

I certainly would be on the phone to them including an email with pictures

Tom