Fly Tying

I am a MS to UT transplant and fell HARD into fly fishing about 6 months ago.

I just started tying flies about a week ago and LOVE the creativity and skill required.

Been spending a lot of time at r/flytying, but wanted to see what other, more focused forums offer.

Thanks, in advance for your patience and guidance as I embark on this journey :)

A couple of introductory photos of my recent creations and my adventures :)

IMG_3926.jpg

IMG_4168.jpg

IMG_4166.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_3423.jpg

IMG_3264.jpg

longmire.jd, Welcome from Connecticut nice pictures and flies. Pretty good crowd on the forum to help soften your fall looking forward to your posting.

Chris

Welcome to the site!  You'll find it loaded with many fine and experienced fishers, tyers, rod builders and just overall good folks.  I'm a born and bred central NYer.  I've been tying flies for over fifty years and hosting fly swaps for going on 12 years.

Kim

I spent over 40 years fishing in UTAH, and get back there every year.  I will be back in July this year, to fish several of my favorite "secret spots," and of course the Green.  

17 hours ago, utyer said:

I spent over 40 years fishing in UTAH, and get back there every year.  I will be back in July this year, to fish several of my favorite "secret spots," and of course the Green.  

Let me know if you want company! :)

Welcome to this site as well!  Another fine site with good and experienced tyers, fishers and helpful people.  I host swaps here as well!  You've got a good eye for quality fishing and tying sites!!

Kim

Welcome from Michigan! As others have noted, you'll find a wealth of information on this site, and some of the nicest and most knowledgeable people around as well. 

Utah is a beautiful place -- I got the chance to fish out there (Jones Hole Creek) once many years ago when I was brand-new to flyfishing. Been wanting to get back out there ever since.