Fly Tying
flytire

February Flies From The Vise

Walla-Walla-1080.jpg

Walla-Walla

Trout - Ray Bergman
Forgotten Flies - Schmookler and Sils

*In Forgotten Flies this pattern is listed as "Walker-Walla" one of the many editorial errors in the book

3 hours ago, mvendon said:

Kite's Imperial Klinkhammer Variants  #14 & 16

IMGP1537.thumb.JPG.aef54a3d1ae122f7f36f72236101077d.JPGIMGP1539.thumb.JPG.a2b2e351a0d6223bac37062e3044ce02.JPG

A combination of beautiful flies...and one cool neck.

I have the Bergman book somewhere and was going to try tiying them all when i first started tying.Read how many tiers strived to tie them all in their lifetime.I think Norm is gonna do it in a month and all perfect specimens.I am in awe.

Thank you SalarMan ! 

The post is Aerowing, but poly yarn will work just the same. In all the years that I've been tying, I have never used calf tail for a parachute wing post. Poly yarn is so forgiving. On really small sizes,  you can tie it in above the hook shank. On larger sizes like these, just wrap it under the hook shank and fold it up and tie around the base after a few wraps to keep it in the same spot.

Regards,

Mark

51 minutes ago, jcozzz said:

I have the Bergman book somewhere and was going to try tiying them all when i first started tying.Read how many tiers strived to tie them all in their lifetime.I think Norm is gonna do it in a month and all perfect specimens.I am in awe.

there are over 490 wet fly patterns in the book, and it would be much longer for me to tie them in a month when i only tie 3-4 patterns a day

maybe 6 months if i dont get bored tying them 😄

WD 40 size 22

Bronze Mallard tail and wing case

6/0 Olive Uni Thread body

Waspi fine dry fly dubbing in light olive

20230212_113219.jpg