Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flyrod4steelhead

Yep, still here

Hey everyone. Been busying working 8hr to 11hr day's, so not much for catch up. Except for the usually stop in, see what is happening then head to bed rolleyes.gif

I had a OK spring steelheading this year. With me working it was hard to get out and fish, so the number took a hit, but who keep's track? I landed a few and lost a few, kept a couple and realeased the majority.

My younger brother was home so we took him fishing for steelies. It didn't matter where we went, or what he used, he just couldn't connect. Most of the time he was standing next to me. Maybe that was the problem, lol. He is back in Cali. but should return home forever sometime around march, good timeing huh?

On to the trout fishing. Fished opening day with me step dad a small river. Started off looking for steelies, then decided to fish for trout throwing some hardware, but once back at the truck, plans changed quickly, as 6 vehicles pulled in. Went to another favorite river of mine and was rewarded with 3 nice trout for dad who doesn't get out fishing much. All were caught on a #7 firetiger rapala. Fished this river a few more times since then and have caught 4 nice fish that were all released to fight another day.

Now, onto the great news, for me anyways. Been shopping for drift boat pretty good and finally settled on one. I wanted a different one, but things didn't pan out, and it was sold a few day's before I did anything. So I settled on a different boat, just as good, IMO, but not the one I wanted and I don't want to wait any longer. I should be able to pick it up either thurs or fri, if not, definatly on sat. It is a 1998 Willie, alum. 16' Gonna make a long trip to Newago to get it. Have so many ideas for it already and I don't even have it, lol. Hope to get it in the water the following weekend. Will do some fishing, but want to get used to moving that first. I mean, they are nothing like a 9' float boat. So, any advice from you oarsman? Oh, this is b-day present to myself. Will turn 29 on friday.

So that is what I have been up to lately. Starting tomorow, looking for another job roofing, framing, siding.

I will be sure clock in more often.

Later

Dale, sounds like you have been at least been getting into a few. We all need a couple fish every once in awhile just to keep our sanity.

Good luck with the new boat headbang.gif

We all need a couple fish every once in awhile just to keep our sanity.

Isn't that the truth. All through the winter and into spring I couldn't wait to step in a river. I did manage to get to fish BM during to colder months and brought home one steelie. Not a day goes by that I don't think about fishing, lol.

Hey Dale,

Congrats on the boat.

Can't think of a better present.

Good luck on the maiden voyage.

Sign in to follow this