Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
troutguy#1

Fly Tying Desk Ideas

I have tried so hard for so long and I can not find ideas for fly tying desks! wallbash.gif So I amasking for your ideas. If you know of any links or ideas, they will be greatly appreciated.

I use a roll-top desk for fly tying. Due to the fact I have a small boy in the house WHO GETS INTO EVERYTHING!!!!!!! I find that it works well except there is not really much storage for materials. It is a newer one,and there are small spots along the top for storage and it has one drawer.(complete with child proof lock) As far as a tool and material organizer, I am in the same boat. I have a travel kit from cabelas which is where my tools and vise where stored.Now I purchased an HMH Spartan and don't know what to do. The only problem with the roll top is you are limited to a pedestal base and can't use c clamps.

TG#1,

Here is my set up, I bought the desk at Target for $150. The storage drawers I got at Wally World for about $20. Not in the picture is a closet organizer with another 4 drawers for stuff.

user posted image

go to www.frontrangeanglers.com and take a look at their tying desks. not that expensive and everything you need.