Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
CrustySpinnr

Berwick,PA

MY mother is retiring and purchasing a home there. I was just wondering if there are any good streams and such in the area. Considering I will have to go and visit every now and then. Might as well kill two birds with one stone! devil.gif

Crusty, a good area is near Benton Pa , Fishing Creek, west of Berwick. A good site to get a stream report is http://www.fishingcreekangler.com/. I know there are a lot of good streams on the other side of the river from Berwick ( I worked on the nuke plant there in the seventies) , but can't remember the names and the lehigh river is near White Haven PA is not too far. Great fishing in that State Park near White Haven, Forgot the name. A good book for PA is by Dwight Landis, TROUT STREAMS OF PA, he tells where to park. Very good guide. I am headed to Benton Thursday June 30th. Live in NC now, good fishing here to. But any day fishing beats working right?

Thanks alot Reddbyrd! Hopefully, I will be able to check it out at least by next year. They are having a house built,and they aren't supposed to be in til Oct. I live in Orange County,NY next week I will be up in Roscoe. Right now it is too warm to fish there, wallbash.gif hope fully they will get some rain there in the next few days. Guess if worse comes to worse I can always work on my casting! Again thanks for the info, if it works out for my mother who nows I may be going next.

Yes Conehead you are correct, sir, sometimes I become a little narrow minded in fishing. I remember the great times as a kid using popping bugs for smallies in the Susquehanna where the mouth of the Yellow Breeches enters,the River, one of the fightinest fish pound for pound in freshwater. I have caught Walleye, Muskie, Northern etc, not all on fly rod but still great fishing in the Susquehanna. I remember seeing people around Berwick catching large Browns in the River where the colder streams come in.

One more day and I will be up there fishing, I heard the creeks are pretty low., but try I will.

Are you from PA, Conehead?