Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

14th Annual Opening Day Swap - FULL

1 hour ago, Johnw1986 said:

No need to give your spot up bc I was late, I can wait and see what happens 

I have a lot of things coming up that are going to keep me busy(kids, work, etc.) Probably best if I sit this one out. 

cencal, is the red tip just an attractor feature or is supposed to represent an egg layer, or doesn't it matter to the fish?

1 hour ago, cencalfly said:

Kind of both but mostly egg layer.  Most vulnerable time for the Sally.

I really like that tie!  Looking forward to adding it to my box!

Okay Bob, with all the talk about various way to handle the swaps do you want the good old SASE, two envelopes and $5, or one envelope with flies and   $5? I really think now I'm going to go with the single envelope and $5 and do the labels myself and cover anything on the front.

I personally do not care how swappers handle the return postage.  I get along really well with my local PO clerks.  They know what to expect when I show up with a box of envelopes.  I take SASE, Cash or PayPal whichever is easiest for you guys, (That would be y'all for you south of the Mason Dixon). 🐟😎

Bob, I am south of the Mason/Dixon line but have locals say we're not. I traced it from start to finish and it goes through Enid OK which is about 50 miles north of us. 

Squeezy, how big are those hooks and flies if they'll hang on the edge of a spitoon like that? Got one on our porch for Grandma to shoot her chew into.

5 hours ago, vicrider said:

Squeezy, how big are those hooks and flies if they'll hang on the edge of a spitoon like that? Got one on our porch for Grandma to shoot her chew into.

Haha!  No spittoon here. They’re 10s

11 hours ago, vicrider said:

Bob, I am south of the Mason/Dixon line but have locals say we're not. I traced it from start to finish and it goes through Enid OK which is about 50 miles north of us. 

Do you say, "You Guys" or "Y'all"?  When I came back from two and a half years at Ft. Sill I sounded like a native Oklahoman.🐟😎😁