Fly Tying
vicrider

Stones are Full...And on their way

But with 15th on a Saturday they give a tax amnesty so I will. Hopefully the last are in the mail galloping this direction.

Not only did Flytire take pity on me and fill us out but we're lucky to have one of the top tiers in the country on our side and site.

What? You say they're stones and you heard fishes like to eat flying stones? Okay, so how about a swap of any stage in the cycle or size of stones to throw in the water? There are golden stones, black stones, and four main stages. Nymph, crawling to land, return to water to lay eggs, and spent. For me it's mainly reading about it but I understand Stoneflies are one of the biggest anticipated hatches on many rivers in various parts of the country. How about a swap to stock our fly boxes with some quality stones for the upcoming season? Normal house rules apply and we'll hope for a dozen tyres to give us a selection of stones in various stages for the box.

The one thing this old dog has in learning new tricks is return flies. If you want to SASE fine. If you want to just send flies in an envelope with $5.00 I'll print the label and stick it right back on the original envelope. Whatever works for you is good with me. Let's start this and see if we have a dozen interested people after all the recent swaps we've been enjoying. Let's look to have these in by April 15th giving 6 weeks to get them done.

Nick Szabo, PO Box 361, Cheyenne, OK, 73628

1. CPHubert...In house

2. Fishin' Bob...In house

3. Woodenlegs...In house

4. nivecker...In house

5 . cencalfly...In house

6. John 1986...In house

7. WWKimba

8. Stellahound...In house

9. Stabgnid...In house

10. Trouttramp...In house

11. DarrellP...In house

12. Flytire...In house (twice)

I’m in pattern TBD

Another swap on my anniversary 

IRS Tax day

man I’ve got to get going just finished 300 Sunday Specials for a fly shop

Size 12 Pats Rubber Legs

I live in a glass house so I'll throw some stones in - BUT VERY GENTLY!

Kim

C/mon guys, everyone needs some stones to throw in the water and we already have a promise of extras for the swap. Let's fill this out and there are some fairly easy ties for newcomers to join in.

6 minutes ago, vicrider said:

Let's fill this out and there are some fairly easy ties for newcomers to join in.

👍👍 Perfect chance for anyone who's never been in a swap, whether a new tier or an old hand. 

in-----stonefly variation of the Pat's Rubber Legs

Steve-stabgnid

Sounds good TT and Darrell, been waiting for you. TT, like the idea of a top water version. Most of us will do nymphs most likely. I know I will but may try to do one of each if times allows with all the visiting and goings on around here for awhile. 

One spot open. Jump in if you want to play with the big boys.

This is a good swap for a “ newbie Tyer”, many fairly easy patterns that fit this swap.

Love to see new people get involved with this swap.

Thanks for starting this one Vic!