Fly Tying
vicrider

Stones are Full...And on their way

Okay, since cencal is going to handle the dry flies then one of you should also get in and finish out this swap for a full deck. We can run it with 11 and there is a nice bunch of bonus flies from one of our most skilled tyers on the board to distribute and this is a swap you will really be sorry if you miss if you fish trout anywhere in the country. Like Fishin'Bob said, first it's caddis flies, then stones and we already have a great set of pillows from cencalfly to hold up a drifting nymph looking for cover and at it's more vulnerable.

Nick

Some very nice flies from cencal and stellahound are here and if anyone else is tying a Pat's rubber legs beside the hound and I go ahead. It is still one of the simplest (not that easy) for supplies and cost of any of the popular stone nymphs and catches many varieties of fishes including everything from crappies to carp and would probably work on the FL exotics I'd love to go fish for sometime. 

Nick

Oh yeah, about those exotics in FL after a recent article I read that warned about landing fish quickly with minimum next to shore splashing because crocs have gotten used to that sound meaning they have an easy meal waiting for them if they're quick enough means I'd want to check on circumstances where I'd fish before giving it a go. Being on a walker makes me the easiest target for crocs or grizzlies in a run away situation. Also why I don't fish grizzley country. Nobody has to shoot me in the knee to run faster than I can.

PS...One of cencal's sofa pillows on top supporting a nymph from the hound or flytire would be soup of the day on many trout streams.

9 hours ago, vicrider said:

collars of your fly

It is Kiley's Exo Skin, a rubber like material, soft seems durable does not melt well but cuts with wing formers very nicely. 

Kauffman's stone fly

Black biot fore and aft

Black sz 8 barbless streamer generic hook

Black 10/0 vevus thread

Kauffman SLF stonefly blend dubbing

Turkey feather back

FTD black Bug leg rib

Mine are as scraggly as CP and flytire's are neat.  Let's just pretend they're intentionally "buggy".

20230327_145638.jpg