Fly Tying

Favorite Warmwater species

What are your favorite target species for warmwater?  

431 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Stripers then bass and gills. Or what ever gets the fly. Golden shiners can be fun too. And then theres shad. And what about bullfrogs? Not a big runner. But one heck of a crackup.

Man, I can't believe this thread is still going 6+ years later...hard to believe my original memeber # is 38.....been a lot of great things happen with this site in the last 8 yers....You should be proud WIll...i'm proud for you!

Keep the poll answeres coming, guys!

As a new member as of today I thought I would say hi and throw my vote into the mix. I voted other because even though I had fly fished for 40 years and most of that was for trout, I have a new passion, flathead catfish. My goal this year is to break the 20lb. mark on a fly.

If I have to pick one, and only one, I select the bass species. Smallies are an absolute blast, and I caught a lot of 3+ pound largemouths last year on the fly. A close, very close second would be crappies, though.

Bass(largemouth)is very interesting species. Unfortunately, from your list to vote,he is the only species that is in Croatia.

Bass(largemouth)is very interesting species. Unfortunately, from your list to vote,he is the only species that is in Croatia.

Hello snjeshka,

I would be interested in your favorite warmwater species in Croatia.

tim

Hello snjeshka,

I would be interested in your favorite warmwater species in Croatia.

tim

Hi jacktjl!

Well,I think I've already written somewhere;Asp,Largemouth bass,Pike.After these species will come on line the other,trout(brown and rainbow),chub,carp...

In fact, have a great desire to catch"Glavatica"( latin name;Hucho,hucho),also known as Danube salmon!This fish exist in my area,but it is very rare, in the Drava River is almost extinct, there is still the Sava, Danube...

Otherwise, the Drava is river which runs beside my city.

I haven't read through all the posts on this thread, but, has anyone said WHITES yet ?

post-113-1276723538_thumb.jpg

post-113-1276723473_thumb.jpg

post-113-1276723431_thumb.jpg

I voted roughfish mostly because I LOVE to fish for carp but I have to say I have been persuaded (without much twisting of the arm at all) to go hit some sand beds for gills wen I can't find the carp or gar tailing. I am also a big fan of the bass and whites/wipers when I can find them.

Steve

I haven't read through all the posts on this thread, but, has anyone said WHITES yet ?

post-113-1276723538_thumb.jpg

post-113-1276723473_thumb.jpg

post-113-1276723431_thumb.jpg

LOVE WHITES!!! Just tied up some bucktail streamers for whites. Will post them soon....Classic pink and white schemes work well in my waters.