Fly Tying
cencalfly

FTF Facebook Page - Reactivate Posting?

Is there a way we can get the Facebook page going again?  Seems like the last post was in 2015.  Maybe open it up to other people to post about forum activities.

It may be a way to reach out to old time members and newbies.  Hopefully grow forum participation.  If such is desired.

that would be totally up to the forum owner Will to reactivate his facebook page

he is hardly here as it is

nothing moderators can do about that

you can certainly reach out to old and new members alike on this forum website

The reason we got rid of the FB page is because it takes away from the forum. There are a lot of forums that are sadly no longer around because of FB. That's actually why the other sites we use to run (RBF and TFF) are no longer around. It would be nice if it would actually work as an "in addition" to the forum here, but time has proven that is not the case with many forums.

+1 on Steve's post. I personally hate Facebook and love the bulletin board forums like this one. Seems like a FB page would soon be in competition with this well run forum..

+2. Facebook is a terrible medium for a forum. Facebook is over in case you haven’t heard. All the cool kids are on TicToc. 

2 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

+2. Facebook is a terrible medium for a forum. Facebook is over in case you haven’t heard. All the cool kids are on TicToc. 

Facebook has always been garbage...TicTok is even worse...it is a political piece of s**t run by the CCP that is even worse.

Didn't mean to rile up the masses.  Wasn't thinking of using Facebook as a replacement to the forum.  Only as a place to make announcements of what is going on in the forum.  And, redirecting those interested to forum posts.  Just trying to think of ways to increase participation.  We've had swaps that did not fill up and other posts that seem to languish.  Maybe people are swapped out.  I don't know.  Just thinking out loud.

I am not a FB member.  I just joined here recently so I really don't have a vote on this but wanted to just say that for years I have hated FB and refuse to be coerced by their frivolous requirements.  As long as this site stays around I don't care if you add FB or not but if you tell me I need to go to FB to see a certain post it ain't gonna happen.  FB is obsolete and redundant, IMHO.  Just saying.

3 hours ago, DWSmith said:

I am not a FB member.  I just joined here recently so I really don't have a vote on this but wanted to just say that for years I have hated FB and refuse to be coerced by their frivolous requirements.  As long as this site stays around I don't care if you add FB or not but if you tell me I need to go to FB to see a certain post it ain't gonna happen.  FB is obsolete and redundant, IMHO.  Just saying.

BRAVO(!!!) DWS...BRAVO indeed.....

7 hours ago, DWSmith said:

I couldn't have said it better- welcome to the site!