Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Flatwing Fly

DFix

I will attach another Flatwing Fly, and please let me know, if the Bucktail is sparse this time.

user posted image

I appreciate comments on my fly tying, make for a better tier.

Joe

Joe I'm not much of a saltwater man living in Cincinnati, but I love looking at saltwater flies because they are usually big, bold and beautiful. Nice picture, what kind of digital camera are you using?

Guest Guest_DFix

Joe, I'm not busting your chops; I had no idea the yellow one was from old stock. As I've often said to you, you do extremely nice work; you needn't worry about anything you do being open to extreme criticism. Nothing you've presented to date, here or elsewhere, has ever come under fire, just constructive criticism, as you've asked for.

QUOTE (Guest_DFix @ Aug 11 2003, 03:24 PM)
Joe, I'm not busting your chops; I had no idea the yellow one was from old stock. As I've often said to you, you do extremely nice work; you needn't worry about anything you do being open to extreme criticism. Nothing you've presented to date, here or elsewhere, has ever come under fire, just constructive criticism, as you've asked for.

DFix

I appreciate and do welcome constuctive criticism, its the only way anyone can improve on his or her's fly tying skills.

Please don't ever stop.

Joe wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (SmallieHunter @ Aug 11 2003, 03:06 PM)
Joe I'm not much of a saltwater man living in Cincinnati, but I love looking at saltwater flies because they are usually big, bold and beautiful. Nice picture, what kind of digital camera are you using?

You won't believe this, but its a very reasonable priced POLAROID PDC 1300.

I don't think Polaroid makes this Model any longer, I bought this about 2 years ago, and I believe i paid $189, I know now that they were discontinueing this model therefore this price.

But I can do must anything that I need, so I don't require a higher priced camera.

The results suits me fine, besides I'm having a lot of fun with it.

What is that smilie with the J/K sign ????, I'm curious.

Joe

joe wojtan i been tying streammers and bucktails for 30years and i never have been able to ty as nice a looking fly as yours my heads just don't come out right please send more pictures i love looking at well ty flies

calvin kidder biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (calvin kidder @ Aug 12 2003, 07:14 AM)
joe wojtan  i been tying streammers and bucktails for 30years and i never have been able to ty as nice a looking fly as yours my heads just don't come out right please send more pictures i love looking at well ty flies
calvin kidder biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Calvin

As a rule I don't tie many fresh water flies(Streamers), but a friend of mine recently moved to Rangeley Maine, and asked me to tie him a streamer fly, that could be used on the Landlocked Salmon and Lake Trout in that lake. I saw this fly in some Fishing Magazine and the author recommended it for fresh water Salmon, and Lake Trout, its called the LEAF RIVER GHOST.

user posted image

Can you post a picture of one of your flies? maybe after seeing it I might be able to see why your, as you called it. the heads are too big

Joe wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

joe, those are some great looking flies. a friend gave me a flatwing fly to use for bass this fall, but i decided to see how it looked in the surf, and a nice size blue slammed it. i was happy to catch a fish, but the fly has seen better days. so, i'll recycle the hook, and tie up some of my own.

keep those pictures coming. headbang.gif