Fly Tying

2005 Fly Tyer of the Year Contest

Thanks Will,

I've gotten copies and will put each Fly on individual material Forms kinda like (a Tag in a swap)and put them in Ziplock bags along with 1 of the Category Forms.

Thank You Kind Sir for all your help.

WIll, a few silly questions if i may,

Do they have to be original flies? spinoffs of well known flies?

I assume it is a bad idea to enter flies already in the pattern database?

if i pick my nose and put it on a hook and call it a booger fly, does that go into streamers or wet flies?

I still have a few days, I think i will enter at least one fly. to be postmarked Dec. 31. at the latest.

Joe

Joe,

1. You can enter any fly you wish, it does not have to be original, you can enter a wooly bugger if you want.

2. Entering a fly that is in the database is no big deal. We just don't want people posting pictures of flies saying "here is my contest fly, what do you think?"

3. Depends on the type of booger

Alrighty :headbang: Got mine all tied, the paperwork is ready to go and they'll be hitting the mail today or tomorrow :yahoo: Ended up entering 10 categories. Will, should I take pics of all these so I can enter them into the database after the contest?

Alex, if you want you can use the pics that I take for the contest.

Only a few days left to get your flies in the mail!!!!!!!

Okay one more stupid question, will all of my flys I submit be entered for Rookie of the Year, or do I have to pick one that I think has the best chance?

Will, I checked on the Tracking Status on My Contest Entry and they said it was Received yesterday,1-3-05.

But it was POST-MARKED 12-30-05

Did you get it ???

and Do I still get to be in the Contest????

Thanks Will

Your good to go. The packages only had to have a postmark date on or before the 31st. I'm sure there will still be packages of flies trickeling in now that the new year is under way and Everyone is back to work LoL!

Brent

Smalliehunter, I was just wondering how progress on taking pictures of the flies is going. I entered a fly and I am anxious to vote!

Also about something not related to this topic, I have changed my e-mail address several times and I was just wondering if you got the changed address.

All submissions should be photographed and uploaded to the site sometime this weekend. Participants will have a few days to examine their submissions to make sure their flies are accounted for and in the correct category.

I hope my flies will arrive until then! How do you know if all the flies arrive???

There werent any rules about that.. :dunno: