Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Peaty Mann

Etha Foam Dragon Fly(McPhail)

Hi Everyone,

I work in a tackle shop in Glasgow and a customer came and asked if anyone could tye him a couple of Dragon Flies, the first question was what for, and he said Atlantic Salmon, most of the guys ran away laughing but I felt sorry for him as he had been in every shop in Glasgow, so this is what I tyed.

Never in 25 years have I ever been asked to tye Dragon Flies as there is no species likely to take this type of fly.

All the best Davie

P.s I had fun tying the flies.

Over here in the US that would be a killer fly for largemouth bass in ponds and lakes. Very nice.

Mark Delaney

By the end of my week in Nova Scotia, I would have been desperate enough to try one of those. Shoot, I was desperate enough to try live bait. laugh.gif

Why not? Lets face it salmon in fresh water are not the brightest fish on the block. "Show em something new." You guys might just be on to a hot new fly. I hope it works. Great looking fly. By the way I have noticed for some time that you include (McPhail) on your patterns, What does that mean?

QUOTE (teasels @ Aug 30 2005, 12:48 AM)
Do you mind if I copy that in blue and green. bugeyes.gif bugeyes.gif pretty pleeeeeeese with sugar on top biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Hi everyone,

I'm glad you all liked the fly, and I would be very happy teasels for you to copy the fly but only if you let us see it when it's tyed.

Joe, the reason I put my name to the flies I tye is simply if I didn't someone else would, like many members they actually use their own names and not a screen name like the one I use.

All the best Davie McPhail