Fly Tying
Radoslav Kiskinov

Shark's Caddis Larva

Hi, guys,

first of all, I want to appologise that I am postin this topic here, I always think, thah am not that good to write in this topic.

I wuold like to represent to you the best of my nymphs, wich Graham said they look like candy for the fish, my caddis larva.

user posted image

The most important element of the fly is the mix of yellow flos and bunny hair, which make the fly seems that real.

But you'd better see it:

Materials:

hook: Admiral 407/3 # 8 - 10

Gold head: 4 mm.

Body: mixed yellow floss with bunny hair

thorax: two herls from peacock

user posted image user posted image user posted image

user posted image

And down this is a picture of three caddis flies mating, funny, is not it?

user posted image

Brownies like them a lot:

user posted image

This method of mixing floss with bunny hair I use and for other nympsh of mine, like this pupa here:

user posted image

which chubs are mad about:

user posted image

Best regards to all of you!

Rado

That's a super nice caddis larva Rado! I really like it and I am sure it would work perfect for the brows and graylings of sweden, I will have to tie a few of those for my next fishing trip!

/Uffe

I am still looking for my jaw under the table. bugeyes.gif

Rado this is excellent!

Could you please describe how do you mix hair with floss?

Radoslav...Radoslav...Radoslav...Who do you think you are dunno.gif 2 body materials, a bead and a hook rolleyes.gif NOW, I have another fly to put on my "TO TIE" list. Thanks alot biggrin.gif

If that's an example of your work...let's see some more.

I like how it catches fish yahoo.gif

Tight lines.. SullyTM

Hey Rado,

I'm so happy you finally shared how you tye your awesome fish candy caddis larva. Every once in a while a see a photo that is unforgetable, and I have to say your caddis larva next to the real thing, in your hand is one of those photos. It looks like the fish enjoy your fly, well, until it grabs them by the lip...lol.. What a great fly, thank you for posting a step-by-step and the fishing pictures are real sweet as well, thanks buddy.

Graham

Hey, guys, special thanks for everyone of you, for the kind words.

Uffe, I will wait for the results in Sweden, I am very curios how it will be there with the caddis flies.

Gregor, hi, I make a loop and put the hair in it:

http://akulata.com/august05/04.jpg

http://akulata.com/august05/05.jpg

http://akulata.com/august05/06.jpg

after that I twist the loop and the hair is twisted in. This way twisted the floss, I tie over the hook, and the segments of the body are ready. In each segment there is hair. I hope you understand, I am sorry for my bad english, as I like to say, my english teacher was a bad girl laugh.gif

My next step by stepfly will be the "shit fly" or , may be will be better if I call it "toilet papper fly".

But next time I will post it with some pictures of my last flyfishing day...

Best regards to all of you!

Rado

IS it just me or does that not look like the type of floss commonly called floss here in the US. I absolutely love the pic with the real nymph next to the two flies. Fantastic Job! I may have to make some like thatwith a green body for steelhead.

john

Radoslav...I have a couple of tying questions if you don't mind.

1. In photo #2 you have tied in the bunny hair at the bead and wrapped to the hook curve. Do you then palmer(wrap) the hair up to the bead and back down to the hook curve before you split the hair and tie in the loop?

2. Or is the body in photo #3 the yellow floss? It looks like you're using a dark thread? Or is that your floss?

I hope these questions make sense. Thanks. Thom

Rado I have done some larvas and it looks great. I used yellow wool instead of floss, but there is not much difference. wink.gif

Have just tested it - brownies really like it! biggrin.gif