Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

2005 FTOTY Sponsor - BT's Fly Fishing Products

Al and Gretchen Beatty at BT's Fly Fishing Products have once again been gracious enough to sponsor the 2005 FTOTY contest. We truly appreciate the Beattys for sponsoring the event and we hope that you visit their store to see all of the great products that they offer: http://www.btsflyfishing.com

This year they will be sponsoring the "Rookie of the Year" category and will be giving us the following prizes

Rotary Tying Station

Everything a person needs to get started tying. The Station includes the True Rotary Danvise, 7 quality brass tools (deluxe stacker, rotating whip finisher, rotating hackle pliers, gold loop scissors, bodkin/half hitch, threader/half hitch, and bobbin), and an Oasis oak bench/tool holder. The bench measure 7" X 12" X 2." A $150 Value!

user posted image

Innovative Flies & Techniques

This is the new book by Al and Gretchen Beatty.

Here is the write-up from the publisher:

"While working on The Federation of Fly Fishers Fly Pattern Encyclopedia it quickly became clear to the Beattys that another book was necessary. Many of the flies in the 'Encyclopedia' were worthy of more than just a fly plate and dressing, so they are included in this book with step-by-step photos and descriptions. They've also included many new flies, but each is included for the same reasons: the pattern is an innovative design, a simple but effective idea, or makes improvements on an existing fly. This book is so much more than a fly pattern book, it's full of many creative and innovative ideas for creating productive fishing flies."

8.5 x 11 inches, 200 pages, all color, index.

user posted image

Wow, what a prize!!! A big thank you to the Beatty's for their generosity!

Will,

You don't know the SR Price for this book do you? I guess it can be ordered directly from the Beatty's, I looked on their website but couldn't find any reference to it, or a link to purchase it from.

Damian

Wow, another great prize. Thank you Al and Gretchen for your continuing support!

Someone is going to win a wonderful prize pack!

Nick

QUOTE (CapeBSalar @ Sep 13 2005, 08:02 AM)
Wow, what a prize!!! A big thank you to the Beatty's for their generosity!

Will,
You don't know the SR Price for this book do you? I guess it can be ordered directly from the Beatty's, I looked on their website but couldn't find any reference to it, or a link to purchase it from.

Damian

Al told me on the phone yesterday (but I'm too stupid to remember exactly blink.gif ); Forty-something for hard-cover spiral and Thirty-something for soft-cover spiral. He said it can be purchased from them at the shop, it's available through Amazon, etc.

Great prize package- Very well thought out for the burgeoning beginner! Many thanks to Al and Gretchen for their continuing support of FTF.

Hi Will & group,

Yes, the book is available from us. $35.00 for the soft bound and $49.95 for the spiral, hard bound. SH is usually somewhere around$5 to 6.00. I've been a bit slow getting it on the web site. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

One thing that is not mentioned above is one extra detail that Al and Gretchen always include in the books that they personally mail out. During a recent conversation with Al, we talked about several things and got onto the subject of books. During this part of the conversation I remembered to thank Al & Gretchen for signing my book, Al then informed me that he and Gretchen do that with every book that they send out. He said that is a simple courtesy that is meant as a way of saying thanks to all of their fly fishing friends. Those who personally know Al and Gretchen also know how humble they are, I never said autograph as Al and Gretchen are very uncomfortable with that word and think of it more as signing a “thank you” card.

I just thought that others might like to know this before they purchase their books elsewhere and would rather have a book that Al and Gretchen graciously sign. Speaking for myself, I place a great value in the signed library of books that I have accumulated.

Al, I hope you and Gretchen don't mind my making this public but I really do think it is wonderful of you and Gretchen. Thanks again my friends, for all that you do and add to my favorite passion of fly fishing!