Fly Tying
Radoslav Kiskinov

Chub nymph fishing with my special fly

Hy, guys,

As I promise you here

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=11651

to tell you more about my last fly fishing with the Shit Fly, I am now about to do it...

Well, I it was early in the morning, when I went down to the Struma river, to catch some hungry chubs on their special candy - the shit fly.

user posted image

The place was after the flowing of Sandanska Bistrica river at Struma river, where there are a lot of rough streams

user posted image

This up was the border betwen the slow like oil waters and rough streams.

user posted image

This is the perfect places of the river bed for nymph fishing, the shalow waters with high speed, where the oxigen is high leveled and the chub like to stay at the summer, eating lots of stuff which are carried down by the rivers water.

user posted image

I used to try every place using the dead drift tactic and found that the chub really like my flies. Upstream fishing, perpendicular to the stream direction, and doun stream. All there the fish were weary for my flies.

user posted image

I used two shit flies, laugh.gif a super hatch, the time was about 8 o'clock and everybody was up and doing his bussines in the toilet laugh.gif

user posted image

the fish were not taht big, but were very very fighting and graceful

user posted image

Thier throats were full of all kind of stuff, off course anf with my shit flies.

user posted image

I released all the fish to wait them some day to find grown and stronger.

Well, that was the first of the two days of my chub fishing nymph fiesta.

Comming next the second part of the story with more pictures!

Best regards to everyone who believe in his flies, even when sometime they look like very strange things laugh.gif

Radoslav Kiskinov - The Shark

headbang.gif Rock on Rad!!

I love the fact that I can read about a friends day of fishing even if I've never met him and he's halfway around the world!

Chubs...Smallmouth...Salmon. If it swims, it's fun!!

Fishy.

Radoslav Kiskinov

Great to see one of your fishin reports again and know that your are still crankin in those chubs.

I too have been catchin my Virginia versions this summer.

Fish on!

Hi, Gary, Fishiman and jschmidt63

Thanks for the kind words guys, I am happy ypu like the story.

Now special for you I will post and the last pictures of that day.

When the noon come, the fish was grouping in the spot behind the big stones, where the stream was wonderful for nymph fishing

IPB Image

I use roll cast to put the flies just in front of me. Some times I feel that the fish is in front of my legs.

IPB Image

I was making control over the line, holding it tight and watching its end for any suspicious moovements. Actually, I do not use indicator, I am fan of czech nymph stile of fishing.

IPB Image

The fish were not so big. The hits I could feel were strong and sharp.

IPB Image

I had the chance to catch several times one chub on each fly - thess were my special double catch. The chub used to swim in a big group and they all were eating stuffs.

IPB Image

Little nice looking chub eating my special flies.

IPB Image

Well, they all went back to the river to become stronger fighters.

Each time I relese a fish, I wish myself to get another meeting with him next year on the same place, after the flow of Sandanska Bistritsa River at Struma River.

I wish you the same emotions, catching fish after fish!

Best regards!

Radoslav Kiskinov - the Shark

Hey Shark,

Excellent story and the fish look pretty. Maybe you should try chumming the water. lol..

Take care buddy,

Graham