Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

What the hell is this monster??

This is a bug Wickedcarpenter and I found at camp when we were sitting at the table outside tying flies one night. It was rainging hard and this bug most likely got flooded out of the ground since I think he looks like a burrower.

It was about 2.5 inches long, with hard little "fingers" for digging on his front legs.....and was pretty damn mean looking if I do say so myself :unsure:

Taxon or anyone else got a clue as to what kind'a mutant baldwin bug this thing is? :blink:

IPB Image

That does look pretty damn close to it, just might be right Will.

a mole cricket what the %#$^ :lol: never even friggin heard of such a thing till now, thats one of the ugliest bugs I've seen in awhile man :blink:

I was wondering why he hadnet posted that yet, I figured he would of put it under entomology, no wonder I couldnt find it when I looked, thanks Tim.

Now I know why Will knew what it was...and here I though Willy actually knew lol

I didn't see Brent's topic. We had one here running around at work and nobody knew what it was. It took a little research but I managed to track it down...lol.