Fly Tying
JoeFish

Which hand do you tie with?

What hand do you tie with?  

223 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use my feet.................................... :lol:

Just kidding, but I do use both hands but wrap with my right.

Wrap the thread or wrap the materials?

I use my feet.................................... :lol:

Just kidding, but I do use both hands but wrap with my right.

Wrap the thread or wrap the materials?

I wrap the the material with what ever hand feels better doing it. Right hand usually runs the bobbin, scissors, tools etc.

On Tuesday, I was teaching a beginners' class, and had a great example of the usefullness of ambidextrious tying. I had a student looking at my vise from the backside, and he just couldn't figure out how to do anything. I had to reposition myself next to him so that he could see things from the normal angle. I may have to learn how to work left handed to do a better job teaching.

I've been called an oddball. I'm right hand dominate, so therfore I should tie to the right, correct? Wrong, for some strange reason, I tie to the left. Does this make any kind of sense? I've tried tying to the right, doesn't work so well.

I'm a confused lefty. I write left handed, cast left handed, but tie and play guitar right handed. I can throw with either, but better with my right

You can throw better R?? That is odd as your dominant arm should be the stronger one. Is your left eye dominant?

Another 8 year old pole rears its "ugly" head again. I tie with both hands, and when you think about it, every one who has two uses them both when tying flies.

My left eye is dominant, but I shoot guns right handed anyway. I have yet to figure out a rhyme or reason to which hand I use for things.

Since we have this one in use again ... here's something that surprised me this morning.

I am right hand dominant ... although there are a few things I can do with my left hand. What surprised me is the fact that there's one daily function that I can do left handed, but am almost useless right handed.

I've got a bandage on my left thumb, and I didn't want to get it wet. I used my right hand to apply my shaving cream. Badly !!!

I just never noticed that putting the foam on has always been a left hand task ...

I shave with my right ... but putting on that stuff is best done with my left.

I'm a righty in just about everything. But I found out several years ago that I'm left eye dominant. I was into archery at the time and was considering buying a new bow so I tried out a left-handed bow. Low-and-behold! I could shoot just as well if not better! I was also experiencing some shoulder problems in my right shoulder which solved another problem by switching to the southpaw orientation. So now I shoot archery left handed...the only thing I do lefthanded.