Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
CapeBSalar

Favorite Fishing or Fly tying shows

Here is my problem I cant make a date to see any tv so I miss everything :angry: But the tvo came in to my life :) and now I just set up a season pass for any show I like

Walkers cay is still on espn

fly fishing tv is on in the springs on oln

I also like addictive fishing I miss flats fishing for reds and that show is the best it is not fly fishing but it rocks!! TVO is the best!!!!!!!

I don't think I could live without a satelite now, had it for the last 6 years, wife likes the cooking shows and I love my fishing shows and with a kid on the way, there'll be lots of choice for cartoons in the mornings. Then it will just be a fight, baby wants to watch Dora the explorer and daddy will want to watch Sportfishing BC. Ok, I'm sure we'll be able to comprimise. 1 fishing show for daddy, 1 cartoon for baby, 1 fishing show for daddy, 1 for baby. Just gotta make sure we watch the cartoon in a time slot when a less then interesting fishing show is on that's all....LOL! I can imagine.

Hey guys,

There are quite a few good shows out there today. The New Fly Fisher is pretty informative. There is also a new one coming out on OLN this January - Ultimate Angling Adventures. This will be the first ever fly fishing show to air in HD! http://www.ultimateanglingadventures.com

Also, for those in Canada, we will be getting a 24/7 fishing network very soon - the Wolrd Fishing Network (WFN), check them out at http://www.wfn.tv It's going to be available through just about every cable and sattelite provider in the country. If you don't get it, just call up your provider, they'll hook you up :yahoo:

Cheers,

Nick

Also, for those in Canada, we will be getting a 24/7 fishing network very soon - the Wolrd Fishing Network (WFN), check them out at http://www.wfn.tv It's going to be available through just about every cable and sattelite provider in the country. If you don't get it, just call up your provider, they'll hook you up

No Way Nick!!!!!!!!!!! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!! Damn, I'm gonna have to call in sick alot!! LOL!

:headbang:

Without a doubt, it would have to be "Ozark Sportsman". At least that's what I think that call it.

It's hosted by a couple of true "good 'ol' boys" i.e. "north Arkansas rednecks" - "Crowbar" and "Jason". They do a great job!!

It's the "low-end" of outdoor shows!! These are two "po boys" out having fun.... no big name sponsors.. no "shirts with ad's on them (often just old tee shirts), no "latest and greatest" equipment, no famous guest... although "Larry the Cable Guy" would fit right in!

Last year, they did a "fishing" show episode using an old, leaky 12 ft. flatboat (jonboat)... no $30,000 bass boat, no 225 outboard, no electric trolling motor... just two guys paddling around in a pond, with wet feet, catching bass with only one rod apiece... I enjoyed that segment more than all the "big name" shows that I've ever seen.

Their sponsors are all local. Even their ad's are a riot!!!

It's on the Sportsman's Channel.

Flyfish TV is the only one I know that always has a flytying segment. There website has all the tying segments. You don't have to wait for the show to come on :D

Bad news for Dish Network subscribers. OLN has been dropped from their regular programming. OLN also has not renew their comtract with Fly Fish TV... my favorite

Two items

We have on PBS Channel 11 in New Hampshire the show WIldlife Journal fantastic show and the narrator fishes small water and has an easy way about himself and the wildlife AND HE TIES FLIES. I catch that maybe twice a month.

BUT one person has turned me off to production fishing shows. Charlie Moore has got to be the worst spokesman for fishing shows ever, loud and obnoxious.

I have also watched Walker Cay Chronicles used to be a nice way to enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning. Can't find it now.

Dave

Who ever started this website thank you very much.

Nobody watches Glen Blackwood on PBS?

Stopped by Glen's shop earlier this summer - he's not taping any new shows. But, I still like watching the repeats.

Nick - Ultimate Angling Adventures was taping at Miminiska Lodge when I was there this summer. Looking forward to seeing it this winter. :)

Mike