Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
chrislorne

Belleville Ontario Snaggers

took my wife to try for salmon near the dam in Belleville today, noticed a bunch of mulleted toothless snaggers on top of the dam, after they caught a fish they proceded to walk down and fish directly in front of my wife and turned to her and said "at least I know what I'm doing". we had to leave immediately as I tried very hard not to loose my cool. If any of you from belleville in here are going fishing this afternoon and you see these guys there (there were 4 and one girl with cheap makeup) please do me a favour and bounce a bead head wooly bugger off their foreheads.

:angry:

Hard one indeed. I dont know how I would respond to such a thing. People always say "you shoulda, or you know what I would of done"

That sucks

noticed a bunch of mulleted toothless snaggers on top of the dam

Will must have skipped work today and went fishing

:hyst:

Yeah that does suck man, we have to deal with losers like that here all the time as well :angry:

At a gas station/bait shop/grocery store near the trout river I fish, they have a "hall of fame" type thing where people with big fish put their picture up. One fish I noticed was a 9 pound Brown, and under the picture it said "9 pound Brown, caught on snaghook". That royally pissed me off. Give ANY fish the decency of not snagging it. It doesn't matter what it is. Trout, bass, drum, gar, carp. CATCH THE THING! DON'T SNAG IT! I hate it when people snag fish on purpose.

Thats is bothersome, IDIOTS that snag are not fishing and people who do not fish think a lot of us are alike. Saturday evening while I was "fishing" in Belleville I had two men walk above and behind me on the upper dam wall and asked " Do you know what you are doing?"' ......" you are the only one not ripping a treble hook through the pools"

Fry flier, I had I guy almost snag ME while I was in the bottom of the dam, I told them if they didn't move I was getting out of the water and going up there. they just laughed at me and said, "go ahead" I had snagged a fish there on sunday by accident, which sucks since that's the first salmon I've ever caught and it wasn't legit. he didn't need my help breaking him off though as he almost broke my thumb on the reel. going out again on this coming sunday to see if I can trick one of those monsters into taking my fly.

Do you guys have any fish cops? If your able to get a licence plate, you may be able to report the fiends. In Alberta, we have a report a poacher hot line. I know it gets used when people break the regulations eg using bait in bait banned areas, accessing closed waters etc. As long as snagging is not permitted, you would be OK. Make sure to read the regs.

If some guy addressed my lady like that, he would have been swimming. :wallbash:

I woulda snuk up behind em and pushed em in the water. They sound like inbred morons. I hope the long arm of the law can reach out and tap them on the shoulder. Then push em in the water. Seriously though, I think you showed great restraint and displayed the image of a true outdoorsman.

Your're better off to walk away and not let their problem become your problem. Time has a way of evening things out.

Someday those mental midgits will get a tooth ache, and when that tooth is pulled, Well. . . . well they won't have any more. and you win.

Conehead