Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
speyH20

Baron Variation

Howdy all,

I put a lot of work on the body and not so much on the wings as you can probably tell. I tried and tried to get the wing lower. I am really happy with the body work, next are the wings! :thumbup: :smoke:

I hope you all like it.

Vinnie

Howdy guys,

Thanks for the inspirational comments. The underbody is a mix of the floss technique and Bud's technique. I really like Bud's as it is much more friendlier than what he termed a mess of floss hanging from the fly.

Vinnie

i see somebody had their ears open at the show. nice job vinnie. you can't help coming away from that place a little wiser huh? you did an excellent job onthis fly.

well done my friend

Bud

by the way, body works really nice

Looking good :) The tag is neat :) The wing is low and so are the overall profile:) Perhaps the topping should be slightly longer :)

Great looking fly!! I agree, the body work is awesome on it. Bud knows his stuff when it comes to bodys and it looks like it rubbed off week. I think the wing is great also. To get the wing to sit a little lower the underwing needs to be just a hair further back so you have room to tie in your wing just ahead of the bump left from tying in the underwing. But no matter, except for your own personal preference.. that flies wing is sitting very nicely.

Howdy all,

Thanks for the further compliments. I really enjoyed working the body on this fly. The imitation IC posed a real problem and when I worked it out I was so stoked! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: I am really starting to appreciate Bud's technique for "body building" LOL!!

Hi Vinnie,

Got to say you have tyed a superb fly, the body is as good as it gets it wouldn't take much to improve the wing, even though it's still very good.

Keep them coming.

Well done

All the best Davie

Ah the Baron! One of my favorite flies of all time. Yet one that gave me so much grief when tying.

Great body work and the overall appearance isn't so bad. I like it and remember that this is no easy fly to tie. So...kudos to you for attempting it.

Gar

Sign in to follow this